Phone stuck at M

Georgedaballa

Reaction score
This happens to me every time i turn off my phone then try to turn it back on. It just stays on the Motorola symbol and wont turn on. This happened to me on 4 different kernels. Does anyone know why this happens and is there anyway to get my phone back without a restore?

try a higher voltage kernel or one with a lower top speed?

why not just restore a backup you made then try something else

try a higher voltage kernel or one with a lower top speed?

why not just restore a backup you made then try something else

This happened to me on 800mhz low, 1000 low, 1000 standard, 1200 low, and 1000 increasing. I dont want to try anything until i know why this happens.

try a different type of kernel. maybe P3s or Chevys

Just installed a p3 kernel and phone is still stuck... going to try a chevy

does it happen on 800 standard?
I feel that this issue is not uncommon..As for me on a clean install yes it happens on the standard 800 nothing modified. I also took all the proper procedures in installing the ROM..I left Sapphire because of this problem..

What did you use to install the rom?

Just to confirm, are you trying to install sapphire 1.0?

Do you have "set on boot" checked in SetCPU? What version of SuperUser Permissions are you running? You should get the newest version of SuperUser permissions (2.3.2 I think). You'll have to find the xda forum post about it as you have to use terminal emulator/ADB to remove the one packaged with Sapphire.

This happened to me a couple of times. Ended up having to restore my backup. It hasn't happened in a few days. But I am ready to install the backup when it does again.

I want to know what I need to do too.
Maybe it does have something to do with setcpu. I am not currently running it right now and I think I was when I had the problem.

Last edited:
Back