phone will not undo root

Reaction score
when i first purchased my motorola droid, i rooted it so i could do all the cool stuff everyone was doing, like install custom ROMs, change the bootloading image, etc all that business. of course nothing i ever did worked, so its time to undo root. however, i am having trouble with this. it was my understanding that once you reinstall the android 2.1 update, the root patch will be plugged (or whatever) and you'll be back to stock android. that has not been my experience at all. i still have the superuser permissions icon in my app tray, but some apps recognize root, like mybackup pro (which tells me my phone has root access and wants to know if it can do special root-only things) but apps like root explorer say i do NOT have root access and therefore cannot explore. if you guys could help me out with this, that'd be great. thanks! dancedroid

I do not have much experience with Rooting or Unrooting phones. But would Hard Resetting your droid change it back to Android 2.1, and delete all you applications you downloaded for your Rooted version?

Have a stock UPDATE.zip in the root of your SD card, Boot to SPRecovery, wipe cache/data, install UPDATE.zip.

You are unrooted.

Back