Phone won't go into deep sleep

As you can see from my screen shot, my phone is constantly awake. Is this solely because of my Circles widget? I don't have any other widgets being used that constantly update.

View attachment 59616

What are you complaining about? :confused: you're at 19 hours and only what, 40% used! :eek:

:D

But seriously, it's not constantly awake, it's coming on briefly to do things like check email, Facebook, gps, weather, calendar, cell towers, etc. even if it comes on for just 20 seconds, it will put a thin line of blue up there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
OK, stupid question, how in the world do you take a screen shot, and then display it here??

OK, stupid question, how in the world do you take a screen shot, and then display it here??

Like this...

On the Maxx, I would have large pockets of blank space

Here's mine... Some pockets of blank, some of little lines, and I am on Jelly Bean.

View attachment 59628

Lol... Seriously, just press and hold both the power and volume down buttons together for about 3 to 6 seconds to capture the screen, then email it to your desktop. Then choose the image link above and find the pic on your PC. Or if you are running tapatalk, you can simply post from the app. When you want to post, choose the link to insert a picture and find the pic in your gallery under screenshots.

Last edited:
Jackie I agree, at 19 hours your wake lines should all but disappear. do you have gsam? what does it say is rocking the boat.

Yes, I do have gsam, but haven't really used it. I disabled Google Now completely, and that seemed to help just a tad. But it's still A LOT of awake time. Nothing like FoxKat's though lol.
I tried to look through my Gmail settings to see if I could change it from push notifications to syncing even just every hour or two, but all I see is an option to completely turn off sync or turn off notifications. Am I missing something???

I had this problem after the JB update on my Razr HD. Using Better battery stats I found that something called audioout_2 was keeping the phone awake. After some research, I found that after using any app with audio (games etc) Muting the sounds and then turning them back on kept the wake lock from happening. I also read here somewhere that turning the screen on before you unplug from a charger may help too. Hope this helps.

Yes, I do have gsam, but haven't really used it. I disabled Google Now completely, and that seemed to help just a tad. But it's still A LOT of awake time. Nothing like FoxKat's though lol.
I tried to look through my Gmail settings to see if I could change it from push notifications to syncing even just every hour or two, but all I see is an option to completely turn off sync or turn off notifications. Am I missing something???

I just checked and they did away with sync intervals? on/off?

Here's some awesome performance in battery life;

bysehune.jpg

y5y6umu9.jpg

y2u5a8a5.jpg

2agy7unu.jpg

FoxKat you spend way too much time on the phone, when do you find time to work. Lol.

An hour plus yakking on the phone???? Jeeesh!!! I could of talked my XGF how to get to seven eleven. (One turn)

Just puppy footing around. (auto correct)

Back