Photos out through HDMI are SMALL!!!

skydivewags

Reaction score
I haven't seen any discussion on this, and to me, it's kind of a big deal.

I have a DSLR that has HDMI out, and of course the photos are full screen. Most photos are higher resolution then video, as are the 8mp photos this phone takes. So why are the photos not full screen when output through HDMI? The video is full screen.

I have read threads on this site showing video of how the HDMI out works, and no discussion about this obvious issue. Will we get a third party app that takes care of this issue? Or is this something that will require a rooted phone?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

You have to be kidding me, no responses? I can't be the only one using the X to show photos to friends and family. This makes the phone look less then impressive. There is no reason not to use the full TV screen for photos.

Do other photo apps output through HDMI?

I noticed the same thing. I dont know WTF Moto did with the hdmi on this phone. The HDMI, IMO is useless.

I haven't seen any discussion on this, and to me, it's kind of a big deal.

I have a DSLR that has HDMI out, and of course the photos are full screen. Most photos are higher resolution then video, as are the 8mp photos this phone takes. So why are the photos not full screen when output through HDMI? The video is full screen.

I have read threads on this site showing video of how the HDMI out works, and no discussion about this obvious issue. Will we get a third party app that takes care of this issue? Or is this something that will require a rooted phone?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

its a phone's camera dude cant compare it to dslr... cant even fit an aps-c sensor on this device...

To my understanding if you are using 8 meg it will not show 16:9 format. You have to use 6 meg for that.

My photos look amazing on my 42" screen considering they were taken with my phone. Not fullscreen but I like!

No full screen for me on 4 different HDTVs ranging from 26" to 60", videos no problem. Photos taken at 8 or 6 meg no difference.

I just play them with a ps3 turns out to be easier anyway as no cable needed.

No full screen for me on 4 different HDTVs ranging from 26" to 60", videos no problem. Photos taken at 8 or 6 meg no difference.

I love how some of these people say the photos look great on their TV, that's not the point, the point is using all the screen real-estate. 1080P HDTV=2MP, camera resolution=8MP. Plenty of pixels to fill the screen.

Tower, do you use blue tooth to the ps3? How do you connect to display the photos? This would be the ticket for me at least at home.

Wags

I love how some of these people say the photos look great on their TV, that's not the point, the point is using all the screen real-estate. 1080P HDTV=2MP, camera resolution=8MP. Plenty of pixels to fill the screen.

Tower, do you use blue tooth to the ps3? How do you connect to display the photos? This would be the ticket for me at least at home.

Wags

Use media share on the phone and the phone then comes up on the PS3 under photos, music and videos. For some reason I have yet to figure out the vids don't always come up.

Wags

Use media share on the phone and the phone then comes up on the PS3 under photos, music and videos. For some reason I have yet to figure out the vids don't always come up.

Vids you recored will not come up because they are in .3gp mobile video form. If you convert a video though lets say a movie to play on your phone, you will be able to share that with the ps3.

Those of you complaining about "not full screen" need to go back and look at the settings on your camera. You can't take a photo that was taken at 4x3 and make it 16x9 without stretching it. An HDMI port is not designed to stretch. The only camera setting on your phone that is native 16x9 is the 6mp setting.

Those of you complaining about "not full screen" need to go back and look at the settings on your camera. You can't take a photo that was taken at 4x3 and make it 16x9 without stretching it. An HDMI port is not designed to stretch. The only camera setting on your phone that is native 16x9 is the 6mp setting.

You need to experiment with this yourself before commenting. The photos have black on the top, bottom, left, and right. I wouldn't want it to stretch my photos, that would just piss me off.

I am guessing you have not done it, as at least on my TVs and the 2 DX I have what you are saying does not work.

Back