Playing WAV files?

auburn1

Reaction score
I use Magic Jack for a business that when I dont answer, the voice mail also goes to my GMAIL acct. If I go to that Gmail Acct on my PC, the message says "someone left a call of 30 sec from this or that phone number" and there is a download tab I hit and I can hear the voice mail on Windows Media, just as if I went through the normal Voice mail thing on the phone itself. Anyway, since that Gmail acct is one of my accts on my Bionic cell, the message comes in like on the PC, with the download tab to hit. However if I hit Download from the cell message, it says that the phone doesnt support this player.

Is there a WAV app, or what ever to use to play these messages. I havent downloaded Music yet to see if that works, which I am sure is a different thing all together.

thanks for the help... Thought that strange that nothing mentioned about playing WAV files on the phone

I use Magic Jack for a business that when I dont answer, the voice mail also goes to my GMAIL acct. If I go to that Gmail Acct on my PC, the message says "someone left a call of 30 sec from this or that phone number" and there is a download tab I hit and I can hear the voice mail on Windows Media, just as if I went through the normal Voice mail thing on the phone itself. Anyway, since that Gmail acct is one of my accts on my Bionic cell, the message comes in like on the PC, with the download tab to hit. However if I hit Download from the cell message, it says that the phone doesnt support this player.

Is there a WAV app, or what ever to use to play these messages. I havent downloaded Music yet to see if that works, which I am sure is a different thing all together.

thanks for the help... Thought that strange that nothing mentioned about playing WAV files on the phone

I haven't done this in a while as I've not been getting any .wav files, however I have found the music app PowerAmp plays them nicely. On my Original Droid I had removed the native music app and the files would play when after I downloaded them. Prior to that I had to save them to a folder I could find later and then open and play them with them PowerAmp app.

Good luck.

Thanks so much. I found an APP called REMOTE WAVE FREE that played that message for me. But I am going to find your suggestion just in case to use. I will download music from my PC to the cell today and I am sure that will work ok. Thank you very much for the fast reply
Bill

I have used the remote wave app for a couple of years to play wav files. Only problem is it doesn't like bluetooth.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Good to know. I was mostly thinking it didnt play well and Power does. I just need it to play those Magic Jack messages, and I am happy. But might need you if I run into downloading music probs

thanks again
Bill

Back