Please Help me with my Contacts

DannyGlover

Reaction score
ok, here is the situation:

I just bought a Motorola Droid today, and I had all my contacts transferred from my old phone to the Droid. All those contacts showed up just fine until I downloaded a Sync Facebook app that syncs contacts with those of Facebook. It imports phone numbers and email addy's and even profile pictures to your Droid contact list - pretty cool app if it worked properly. Here's the thing though, I now have 400 plus contacts because that's how many facebook friends I have, but that is just unnecessary. I would like to get back the original contacts that I had on my old phone but cannot figure out how.

I have since disabled and turned off that facebook sync app, which seemed to work, but now it just shows the contacts that are in my gmail account.

I know my original contacts are still in the phone somewhere because if i type in a random friend's phone number (who is not in my gmail contact list) it comes up with that person's name, as it was in my old phone.

How do I get my old Contact list back?

Contacts>menu>Display options>You should see your gmail address and facebook address. Click on one and choose what you want displayed and then do the same for the other

awesome, that seems to have fixed it. thank you joeymoose, you're the man.

Back