please help :(, tbh 2.2.320 leak and rooting.

nakhleh926

Reaction score
I need some help :(, I installed the new leak from tbh, 2.3.32, using RSDLite, it was successful. Then it proceeded to reboot, and it kept showing the boot animation in what I think was a boot loop, I've never experienced one but it seems like it, anyway I read that if its in a bootloop, it means it was successful, so I battery pulled and restarted the phone, loaded up into 2.3.320, and my root was gone :(, so I tried using the application I had used before to reroot it called RootMyX2. It constantly got stuck on waiting for device, id keep hearing windows make a usb detected noise and it wouldnt pass that spot, so I searched for alternatives, but it got really hard to do because the phone was REALLY slow, im still not sure if its from programming it or from trying to root it, but to be safe I typed this up before i programmed it because its running somewhat smooth, im not able to download z4root because its too slow(not that im impatient it literally just fails), i dont have a computer, i was wondering if anyone could help point me in the right direction, ive been working on this for 8 hours, sbfed three times, and the bootloader version is still 30.03, even though rsd says it passed and the about phone section shows 2.2.1 and the newest leak, i just wanna be able to get into nandroid recovery so i can install apex, halp :(. sorry if any of my grammar is messed up or if i worded it terribly, im exhausted.

tl;dr

Jk. Ok, if I understand this every time you sbf it's really slow? That's really strange. And the 2.2.1 sbf leak from tbh keeps you in 30.03 bootloader to my knowledge...so that's all good. Try to root using adb and rageinthecage or install z4 from the sdcard.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Apparently it was becoming slow because the rooting was being only half done, was still slow but definitely not as bad, thank you for the post but took a long nap today so I didn't get a chance to post that I fixed it, took my laptop to a nearby McDonalds and whored their wifi, downloaded z4root and viola, problem solved in literally two minutes.

Back