Possible Enhanced Refresh of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus Coming; i9260 Spec-list

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
NEWNEXUS-refresh.png

This morning's news suggests that we may see a Samsung Galaxy Nexus Plus device sometime in the near future. According to a leaked document, Samsung is working on an i9260 device that has similar, yet enhanced specs to the original i9250 Galaxy Nexus. The spec list of this device is pretty impressive. As you can see in the pic above, the leaked info includes a better camera, a beefier processor, and a micro-SD card slot. It makes you wonder why they didn't include that feature to begin with...

There's no word on when this device might hit store shelves, but we will let you know when we find out.

Source: Phandroid

Holy ****e! I want this. The only thing I missed is the sd card option. this phone is already awesome now its awesomer!

well technically the cpu is 1.5 GHz, there were just issues running it at 1.5 GHz so they underclocked it to 1.2...i wonder if this means a newer processor or if its simply the same one with the software issues fixed
at any rate, i'd love to see this updated nexus come out, the only thing off is the internal storage, it only gives the 16gb version and not the 32gb one? and obviously hopefully it comes to verizon

Not enough change to get me excited.

Motorola: "Hey Samsung, we have this REALLLLLY cool business model...interested?"
Samsung: "Oh yeah?! We'd love to hear this, maybe we can implement it too!"
Motorola: "So, what we do is release a decent phone and then, BAM, just a little bit later we..."
Samsung: "Oh, yeah, we know this scheme...sounds good to us!"

Why so close to a all new nexus? Could this just be the new nexus? Or maybe theyre doing this to make some changes for the apple law suits?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I love how a cheesey, hastily made excel spreadsheet gets everyone thinking there's some new device about to drop. I'm not saying its not true. But when I see something like this "leaked Samsung document", I can't help but shake my head.

On another note, if Samsung DOES pull some crap like this, I will be very mad. It would be the Droid RAZR Maxx all over again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Why so close to a all new nexus? Could this just be the new nexus? Or maybe theyre doing this to make some changes for the apple law suits?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Motorola: "Hey Samsung, we have this REALLLLLY cool business model...interested?"
Samsung: "Oh yeah?! We'd love to hear this, maybe we can implement it too!"
Motorola: "So, what we do is release a decent phone and then, BAM, just a little bit later we..."
Samsung: "Oh, yeah, we know this scheme...sounds good to us!"

When did the NEXUS release, hasn't it been almost a year now?

If the phone turns out to really be a Nexus device, I agree with the last paragraph of the article about it over at Droid-Life. I think it would end up being more of a mid-range device that's a cheaper alternative the new Nexus (or the several new ones) when released, like how Apple takes the previous year's iPhone and knocks the price down when the new model debuts. This would give Google more price points on Nexus devices and would appeal to a broader consumer base. The Nexus 7 has shown how well a low-price, but quality device will sell. It would really be interesting if it was priced between $199 and $299 direct with no contract.

mgrande said:
Or maybe theyre doing this to make some changes for the apple law suits?

That was exactly my thought. "Go ahead and ban the Nexus. We've got the Nexus +."

I'd buy it. No SD slot turned me away from the GNex.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

With cloud storage the lack of SD barely bothers me. That and the various OC kernels that are already available make the new specs even less interesting if it proves to be real. It would take a lot more than this to make me want to upgrade from my GNex.

Back