Possible solution for 3G & 4G data loss issues.

Tried airplane mode it didn't work on mine.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:
I've used / am using Restart Connections along with Airplane Mode and just plain out rebooting the phone. Sometimes my 3G returns and sometimes not. It almost 100% of the time, data does not return after being in standby mode. I usually don't want to go though the trouble of rebooting or messing with it. I just turn Wi-Fi on if I'm in my home.

Folks are starting to install the leaked .893 file that is supposed to be the soon to be released OTA update. This update is said to fix the 3G issues. So far I've not read of anyone with the 3G issues that has installed this thing. So far, as far as I can tell, no one has verified that this actually fixes it. It does however replace the kernel and the radio. So there is hope.

I've experienced the data loss a couple of times. Had to do a battery pull to finally get connected again. Just installed restart connections and we'll see if it makes a difference. Hopefully the anticipated update will fix things.

Folks are starting to install the leaked .893 file that is supposed to be the soon to be released OTA update. This update is said to fix the 3G issues. So far I've not read of anyone with the 3G issues that has installed this thing. So far, as far as I can tell, no one has verified that this actually fixes it. It does however replace the kernel and the radio. So there is hope.

So how does one obtain said .893 file?:blink:

So how does one obtain said .893 file?:blink:

BTW, I did it this afternoon and from my limited testing I'd say it definitely gets rid of the connectivity issues. Well at least it does on my phone which wasn't bothered by this issue very much. When I would disconnect from my home wifi network it would take the 3G a few minutes to reestablish itself. Now it seems instantaneous. I'll go to town tomorrow and play around with switching from 4G to 3G.

I would read carefully, I am not sure you will need root, I think the hard part is retaining root after doing this. Then again you could just wait for it to come out officially and not risk it :p

Back