Possible to activate phone without 4g?

Xproplayer

Reaction score
So I just got my maxx and charged it up to full battery. Turned it on and it said please wait for activation blah blah. Then it said it failed blah blah. Have bars but no 3g / 4g just flashing triangle, I am in an area with no 4g just 3g and I'll be heading back to a 4g area on tuesday, is there any way to activate it earlier with just a 3g connection? Tried calling *228 and said sim was not authorized or registered. Thanks everyone.

You don't activate using *228. It sometimes takes a few minutes to get data service on first activation. It should pick up 3G and activate just fine unless there's something wrong with the SIM. You can also activate over WIFI.

You don't activate using *228. It sometimes takes a few minutes to get data service on first activation. It should pick up 3G and activate just fine unless there's something wrong with the SIM. You can also activate over WIFI.
Tried activating 4 times now, still never picked up 3g from what i saw, just sat at the activation with a flashing triangle and bars. am trying with wifi now.

Yep that's what sounds like to me, a bad sim card. Good luck!

Mine never would activate with 3G from my home. I had to drive to the store to have them activate. I spent almost 3 hours on the phone with Verizon and Motorola also.
we actually had a conference call. The problem, they said, was that I was on the fringe of a 4G area, but the 4G signal wasn't strong enough to activate, and for some reason, couldn't get the 3G to activate. So, I had to drive to the store to have it activate. They gave me a $20.00 credit on my bill and waived activation, though, so..........I haven't had enough nerve to try 4G since that experience, though.

sometimes removing the sim and putting it back in works. In some occasions the sim doesn't seat correctly

I have no 4G and it activated just fine. Maybe the SIM card like the others said? Good luck!

sometimes removing the sim and putting it back in works. In some occasions the sim doesn't seat correctly

I live in a 3G area and initially I couldn't activate but I did the above and had no problems activating in a 3G area.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

The answer is yes

I was upgrading from a DROID X to the DROID RAZR MAXX in San Luis Obispo, California. This is a fairly small town, I don't think we have 4G proper anywhere near here. So this is how my activation process went:

I popped out the sim card and (with the help of tweezers) snapped it in place.

With the battery 100%, I turned it on.

I selected my language.

I poked the Android Dough Boy to continue.

I was greeted with the following message: "Please wait until your phone has been activated and restarted". In the upper right hand corner between the Wi-Fi and service bars there was a small blinking grey triangle.

I waited. After about 10 minutes the phone informed me that we had failed and to either try again or call for help.

After more "retry" attempts than I care to admit, I chose option "B".

I used my "X" to call Verizon Technical Support (I'm sure I could have used the "Emergency Call" option at the bottom of my new "RAZR", but the number was already programmed on my "X" so I went that route.

For those who need the number: 1-800-922-0204.

All I needed was my password and my phone was "activated" via automated conversation.

I turned my "RAZR" back on and alas was greeted once again with "Please wait until your phone has been activated and restarted", but to my delight - the 4G LTE logo was in the upper right hand corner of the screen - no triangle of any color, size, or blink!!!! :D

It ]took about 3 - 5 minutes for the phone to do it's thing, but after activation and restart - my new phone was ACTIVATED.

By the way - I have been glued to this phone ever since (about 3 days straight). It is so light, sleek, smooth... I could go on forever. It makes the "X" that blew my mind two years ago seem like the clunky analogs we had in the 80's. However, it seems like the "Voice Command" feature on this phone is not as good as the "X". I may be crazy, but that is my only complaint so far.

So there's my story. Good luck and CHEERS!!! :D
-RAZR LVR

Back