Prank caller never goes to voice mail

gafredd

Reaction score
Not phone specific I would think:
I get a call from a restricted number I answer it no one there. I get it several times more thinking just let it go to voice mail. Never does just rings and rings last time I let it ring 100 + before I hit end.

How is that done??

And thanks for letting me join the forum.

Welcome to the site. If this continues, would consider changing phone number.

Robo dialer gone bad. Wonder why your phone doesn't kick it to VM? Have someone you know call and see if the same thing happens. If your friend goes to VM after 5-6 rings you might have to get a new number to ditch the caller.

Not sure how it fails Voicemail. This happened to some roommates and I some time ago with a landline. After many months of anonymous dialing someone on the other side finally picked up. It was a business fax machine dialing an old number since reassigned to us.

I've heard of that too. Still wondering why OP's phone doesn't move the call to voicemail.

Go into apps, all...com.android.dialer and clear cache, and force stop. See if that clears this up.. If not..get back to us..we'll try to help .

MAXXED OUT!!!!!

Go into apps, all...com.android.dialer and clear cache, and force stop. See if that clears this up.. If not..get back to us..we'll try to help .

MAXXED OUT!!!!!

Did that. It's a prank caller. All other calls go to VM. I'd prefer to not change numbers. thanks,,,

I said nothing about changing numbers. By clearing the cache on the dialer..it might get it to recognize the high amount of rings and send it to vmail.

MAXXED OUT!!!!!

I can't remember if I have done this with a restricted number, but this is how I handle unrelenting salesmen or other annoying people that call that are not in my phone contacts. I put the number in a contact that I just call Spam. Then from the contact menu I add the number the "Add to reject list". I never get a call from them again, and I know it is not because they gave up. It is because they are being blocked. If the menu would accept "Restricted" instead of an actual number you might be good.

Back