problem activating phone for verizon

dbriere2424

Reaction score
First it was rooted but I just unrooted the phone and thought everything was going to be fine and then they put a new 4g sim card in there and I guess they usually just kind of activate on their own after that but mine keeps going to the screen where it like tries to dial *228 or something when it's not suppose to. I don't know if any of you will be able to help or have any suggestions but any input would be appreciated.

Answers to FAQs

How do I activate my 4G SIM service?
If you ordered service through verizonwireless.com or Telesales you will need to activate your service before you can use it. To do so, simply call (877) 807-4646 from any phone and follow the prompts to initiate service. Business customers should call (800) 922-0204 to initiate service.

Please be sure to have your receipt handy; you will be asked to confirm your mobile number printed on the receipt.
Back to top How do I install the SIM card?

If you purchased a 4G SIM card through verizonwireless.com or Telesales you will need to install the 4G SIM card into the Verizon Wireless-certified device. For more information, please refer to the 4G Instructional Video. Instructions are also included in the SIM packaging, or you can also refer to the user guide that came with the device.
If you purchased a 4G SIM card at a Verizon Wireless store, the Sales Representative should have installed the SIM card for you. SIM cards for Business customers should also be pre-installed.

I hope this helps!

Make sure that you do not dial *228 to activate. This will disable your sim card and you will have to get a new one.

Back