Problem with Contacts in Droid

rdodso01

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this happened because of the update or whether I did something to my phone to make it do the following, but I could really use some help:

My contact list went from like 98 people to 3. The weird part of this is, there are some contacts in my favorites, but others it seems like they are just gone until I try to send them a text message by typing in their name and all of their contact information will show up. Or contact information will also show up if I try to call them by typing in their phone number, then their name will show up like they are supposed to be in my contacts.

Can anyone offer any assistance?

Thanks!

Having the same exact issue with Wife's Droid but thankfully no issues with mine... :icon_ devil:

I'm not sure if this happened because of the update or whether I did something to my phone to make it do the following, but I could really use some help:

My contact list went from like 98 people to 3. The weird part of this is, there are some contacts in my favorites, but others it seems like they are just gone until I try to send them a text message by typing in their name and all of their contact information will show up. Or contact information will also show up if I try to call them by typing in their phone number, then their name will show up like they are supposed to be in my contacts.

Can anyone offer any assistance?

Thanks!
Are you hiding them by accident? Contacts -> Menu -> Display options, make sure the appropriate boxes are checked

yep, it sounds like you inadvertently turned off some of your groups from being displayed. Follow the instructions above, but you need to go one step further and touch on the gmail account where your contacts are coming from. In the screen that pops up, you should be presented with a list of contact groups; make sure you have all the ones checked that you want to have displayed.

I had a problem with contacts just the other night.

I recently started using facebook again and decided to sync my phone to facebook. However, after I synced it, many of my contacts were gone (including the ones with a facebook). All I did was reload the backup from the SD card, but anyone know the reason as to why this happened? I even tried a reboot before I re-synced my contacts.

I recently started using facebook again and decided to sync my phone to facebook. However, after I synced it, many of my contacts were gone (including the ones with a facebook). All I did was reload the backup from the SD card, but anyone know the reason as to why this happened? I even tried a reboot before I re-synced my contacts.

I bet that is what did it to my wife's phone too, as I just set her up and now this happened.

I bet that is what did it to my wife's phone too, as I just set her up and now this happened.

Here's what I did to solve my problem:
1) went to Contacts
2) menu --> import/export--> import from SD card

got all my contacts back. hope that works for you

Back