Problems with Pandora

ww6049

Reaction score
I usually listen to Pandora Radio on my while driving. If I get a phone call or if I get a prompt from the google navigator, the music will automatically mute or pause. I'm not sure exactly which. After the prompt or after the phone call, the music would resume.

Ever since Verizon did the big update, the music pauses. I now have to phsically restart the music by pishing the PLAY button. I did a soft reset and reinstalled Pandora; no change.

I called Verizon. They said it may be having an adverse reaction to the software update.

Has anyone else had this problem? I don't like fumbling with the droid while I"m driving.

I have not had problems with it failing to restart after an interruption BUT when I am listening, after about half an hour it will begin to pause, and stop songs partway through and then go onto the next. Almost like trying to listen to streaming internet radio using a phone line!

It may be Pandora - it has become quite finicky (in my whole four week experience with it LOL) and even the music it plays is coming from out in left field - Like playing Gangsta Rap when I want Newsboys !

Lately every time I open pandora it force closes right away. I have tried rebooting my phone and reinstalling the app, but nothing has worked. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

I usually listen to Pandora Radio on my while driving. If I get a phone call or if I get a prompt from the google navigator, the music will automatically mute or pause. I'm not sure exactly which. After the prompt or after the phone call, the music would resume.

Ever since Verizon did the big update, the music pauses. I now have to phsically restart the music by pishing the PLAY button. I did a soft reset and reinstalled Pandora; no change.

I called Verizon. They said it may be having an adverse reaction to the software update.

Has anyone else had this problem? I don't like fumbling with the droid while I"m driving.
:welcome: to the forum! At the moment I don't like Pandora because after the latest program update it was reading contact information and a few other things I didn't want to give it permission to do, so I uninstalled it. I much prefer Slacker Radio anyway, but just a head's up on potential privacy issues with Pandora.

Having said that, it could be the new way FroYo handles the music and there might not BE a fix for it. Try the other streaming music apps and see if it's FroYo or Pandora that's to blame. I think I remember getting a phone call with Slacker in a 2.2-based ROM and the music resuming every time.

Good luck!

I'm having the same issue with Pandora and google navigator. I just noticed it and have not had time to troubleshoot

Droid2 2.2

I made a short call and pandora stopped.
I couldn't even get it to start up. I finally opened it and then choose "quit" and then reopened it and it now is playing.

Not sure what to do about that.

I have also had this problem. With 2.1 I had no problems, but with the ota froyo update, it has really gone downhill. I agree, if I get a call, text, email, it naturally pauses, but now it shuts down and pauses at random.

I don't get it, I know I got the free version, but I doubt the free one would fix my problem.
I
If anyone knows what to do, I would very much appreciate it.

Quality

The quality of Pandora has dropped for me. Most songs sound like a crappy live version or sounds as if the studio version is coming down a tunnel. Thats through the Mobile App or desktop version. I recently discovered Slacker through these forums and have been impressed. Only issue are the more frequent advertisments

I actually just sent Pandora support an email yesterday regarding this problem. In return I got the following:

"Sorry about that. We're aware of the issue where GPS and other notifications now leave the app paused in Froyo, and we're looking into this problem. Thanks so much for your patience in the meantime!"

Looks like they are working on it or are at least aware of the problem.

I have been discouraged with Pandora since the software upgrade; but, I did not know why. Lot's of stops and a 'technical difficulty' message that is hard to kill.

In response to this thread, I subscribed to Slacker and discovered that it did not even work as well. Even more stops and that combined with more intrusive adds. Pandora reading contact information bothers me; although, I'm not sure what the purpose is, unless it is to Spam my friends. I must say I like the interface with Slacker better.

As an aside -- I have always had a problem with the audio jack when either connecting to the car or a headset for exercise. The folks at Verizon told me ithe audio jack was a weak liink and suggested using a Bluetooth connection which works fine with the headset but not with the car which only pays attention to the phone part of the Droid. The audio jack is so much of a problem that it interrupts (pauses) play as if it were responding to a phone call or a disconnect.

Is it time to give up on internet radio and go back to the MP3 player?

Last edited:
If you have an issue with the audio jack that's repeatable then it's a hardware fault and it should have been replaced. Don't let Verizon jerk you around.

What's up Pandora?

I loved Pandora until recently. I keep getting "techinical difficulties" messages and music not playing/skipping etc. So I guess I'm not alone with this? Anyone have any word on when we can see this fixed? I have a Moto Droid with froyo btw. I just miss my Pandora, one of my favorite apps. :(

-Cathy

I loved Pandora until recently. I keep getting "techinical difficulties" messages and music not playing/skipping etc. So I guess I'm not alone with this? Anyone have any word on when we can see this fixed? I have a Moto Droid with froyo btw. I just miss my Pandora, one of my favorite apps. :(

-Cathy
:welcome: to the forum!

Try going to Settings> Applications> Manage Applications> All tab> Pandora> Clear data.

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling. If that doesn't work, consider an alternative application like Slacker, at least temporarily, so you don't lose out on having streaming music. :D

Good luck!

I havent used Pandora in a few months but I've had it for years, even back to my Blackberry. I noticed all of sudden I started using it again today and there is no widget? When did the widget get killed?

I'm on stock 2.2 (OTA) with an original Moto Droid.

This is probably related to the audio quality 'bug' introduced in 2.2. You can get around this by running a custom ROM that has a fix or by updating your Build.prop file (ROOT required) to use a different media player.

Basically, if you're not rooted and don't want to use a custom ROM, you're S.O.L. until another update is pushed. It's an issue with the default "StageFright" media player if I remember correctly.

Also: Pandora just has a ****ty app to begin with. You can get the same experience with Slacker radio (basically the same thing w/a few more ads).

Back