Project Reticle- MIUI

landon418

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Project Reticle

Project Reticle aims to have weekly releases of MIUI on the bionic. The ROM is based off the wonderful work of TeamGummy located here Goo.im Downloads - Browsing TeamGummy. This took a lot of time to port from the Droid X, so if you like this ROM, please thank this post!

What works What doesn't
Data, you have to toggle by dialing *#*#4636#*#*Hardware acceleration
CameraVideo recording
Themes!Wallpapers (Except for live wallpaper).
Calling

NEW: Alpha 3

Changelog

[System]
  • New text editor function for magnifying glass by long-pressing text will show highlighted words in preview pane
  • Optimisation to further improve interactive gestures in the text editor mode (will not display when the input box is empty when you press the cursor and optimise double-click selection criteria)
  • Fix volume key wake causes abnormal operations
  • Optimise text editor copy operations
[Phone]
  • Fix FC for three-way party calling in some cases (CDMA)
  • Fix in some cases leaving the call interface and attempting to return to call will not work and also lead to abnormal sensor feedback
  • Fix in some cases automatic IP prefix number is not displayed in the call interface
  • Fix service center number with area code, call list cannot be identified
  • Fix some models to make an emergency call in the emergency dialing interface
  • Fix clicking the call button to dial, ending call returns to desktop
  • Repair (CDMA) the green return to call bar shows the incorrect call time duration
  • Optimisation of displaying the back part of the name on the call interface when the name is too long
  • Optimisation of numbers before the cursor are deleted by long pressing on the delete key in the dial-up interface
  • Optimisation of the green return to call bar does not display call time until the call starts
[Lock screen, Status bar & Notifications]
  • Added quick entry to Calendar functions by opening status bar area and pressing on the date (left of screen) will directly open Calendar
  • Optimisation of screenshot notification, will no longer display more icons to the right of the status bar
  • Fix lock screen display delay issues
  • Added quick access to System Settings in status bar
[Desktop]
  • Added new app switching animation transitions
[Themes]
  • Optimisation, MIUI v4 no longer supports the old theme packages
  • Optimisation - updated default theme preview
  • Optimisation - Support wallpaper scroll type, e.g. By Theme, Centre, Left or Right
  • Fix in some cases the list of available local themes shows duplicated items
  • Fix ringtone preview process, switching to another item / page does not stop the previous ringtone preview audio
  • Fix being unable to apply default theme status bar customisation
  • Fix problem changing theme, long press the power button the pop-up dialogue will not allow you to restart phone for theme changes to take effect
[Contacts]
  • Fix cannot find partial match when searching for contact using Chinese input
  • Add support to set the Caller ID
  • Optimised contact details page to view contact details, such as name is too long and scrolls
[Messaging]
  • Unable to repair new message search for contact number
  • Fix memory leaks result in some cases of the application slowing down or FC errors
[Camera]
  • Optimize UI details of photo when being used by other applications
  • Fix FC caused by flashlight setting error in shutter zero delay mode
  • Fix wrong status of flashlight button caused by switching application after selecting a specific scene
  • Fix description error of the image size (should be 800 000 pixels) caused by shutter zero delay
  • Fix description error of the image size (should be 800 000 pixels) caused by shutter zero delay
[Music]
  • Fix playing song does not save bug
  • Fix problem with 4x4 widget does not sometimes refresh
[Gallery]
  • Added support to directly set lock screen wallpaper from application
  • Optimisation to avoid constant decoding of 0byte files
[Settings]
  • Optimise the mute volume control panel volume intensity to indicate new setting
[Backup Manager]
  • Add support to setup automatic local backups (See Settings menu for more info)
  • Fix in some cases restoring desktop items cannot correctly display third-party widget / icons
[File Explorer]
  • Added search function (See menu)
  • Optimise load speed of file classification summary menu
  • Fix after all files are selected in the list, the menu still shows incorrect select all option
[Download Manager]
  • Optimise download waiting information - show if waiting for Wi-Fi connection or if the file is to be downloaded automatically
  • Fix data connection cannot resume correctly
  • Fix problems pushing file from PC to download, download complete status shows incorrectly
  • Fix problem downloading multiple files (batch)in some cases causes FC error
[Browser]
  • Optimise the address bar search functionality by splitting it away from the address menu
  • Optimise tab switching in order to not block the bottom of the toolbar
  • Optimise video playback in the browser control panel
  • Fix night reading mode, open a new page will show display flashing
[Alarm Clock]
  • Fix edit mode cross-slip still shows problems
  • Fix in some cases new alarm clock does not automatically enable
  • Fix Stopwatch interface issues with HTC ONE-X
Instructions

1. Make sure you are rooted and on .902/.904 with safestrap installed.
  2. Wipe data/, cache, and dalvik cache.
  3. Install the ROM, let the installer run.
  4. Before you reboot, install MIUI Gapps.
  5. Reboot phone.
  6. For data to work, dial *#*#4636#*#* or use phone info.
  7. Enjoy!

Last edited:
landon418 said:
Thanks! Wish it was gingerbread miui but we don't have a stable cm7 release.

dam i love u man any version of miui is better than NO version of miui lol. Though ill be waiting eagerly for a gb version of miui cuz its a hundred times better than miui4 in my opinion lol

just letting you know i noticed the notification menu doesn't change with the theme. so themes dont COMPLETELY work yet. also if you didn't know people can download the Phone Info app from the market to make toggling lte data after booting up faster and easier then dialing that over and over again lol.

Update for what else doesnt work the themes app while works doesn't show download options for certain things like SMS dialer and status bar. A lot of the themes best parts are missing basically unfortunately t.t I can't wait for an update now!

Well its not the rom with theme issues, it is miui. There are only about 5 themes for miui v4. This week, they finnaly added system font and color change.

Tried to install did the usual wipes,etc....no go...hung at boot. Tried several times same result...I am using safe strap and Im the .904
Any ideas or is this still a hit or miss type thing? Thanks for your efforts love MIUI and hope it reaches it's full potential.

11Bravo75 said:
Tried to install did the usual wipes,etc....no go...hung at boot. Tried several times same result...I am using safe strap and Im the .904
Any ideas or is this still a hit or miss type thing? Thanks for your efforts love MIUI and hope it reaches it's full potential.

Miui takes a little while to boot up the first time. Longer than most roms I can safely say

It may be .904 it is not that stable IMO especially the data drops.

Miui takes a little while to boot up the first time. Longer than most roms I can safely say
...I let it sit and bake for 10 mins....long enough? Ill definitly try again if I need to wait longer..

**3rd times a charm...Still trying to get 4g to work though....eh...never mind its up!!!...Thanks for the info fellows...

Last edited:
11Bravo75 said:
...I let it sit and bake for 10 mins....long enough? Ill definitly try again if I need to wait longer..

**3rd times a charm...Still trying to get 4g to work though....eh...never mind its up!!!...Thanks for the info fellows...

Yeah gotta use phone info to get it to work on 4g man lol.

You guys know people are still working on miui4eva right? Its actually pretty close to daily they just keep work secret.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

You guys know people are still working on miui4eva right? Its actually pretty close to daily they just keep work secret.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Well good to know...but, this is good till a polished version is completed. I ran Miui4eva for a few days in early release and it had its issues..This runs nice except for the *known* issues that all the builds will have until an official release can be worked with.
Is InsaneMod still in the game? Heard he ran into some "delays"...
Anyway Im a flashaholic so I try whats new and enjoy all the spoils of Development...Thanks Dev's Keep It Up!!dancedroid

Back