Proximity Sensor Problems

Driven By Chaos

Reaction score
I'm new to these forums and new to the Fascinate. I am having a problem when it comes to the proximity sensor. For example, when I go to check my voice mail the screen goes dark because it has been to my ear but when I take it away to enter my code to retrieve my voice mail it won't light back up, I have to push the power button or volume rocker to get it to light up again. Then after doing that it only stays lit long enough to get one or two digits and the screen goes dark again.

Has anyone else encountered this and if so is there a way to fix this? I looked for options and there are none. Also, I looked on the app store for something that would fix it but didn't have any luck. I

I got the update as soon as I got my phone so I don't think it is rooted anymore.

Sorry for the book. I just am not sure what to do to fix this. Thanks in advance.

Mine did that once, I had to restart my phone and it never did that again.

I think this is a problem with a lot of fascinates. I have this problem all the time. The last update was supposed to fix this, but it didn't me. Anybody know of a good way to eliminate this frustrating problem? I have almost thrown this phone out the window a couple times over this.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

I just got my Droid2 on 1/18/11. I have problems with the sensor. I hang up on people, my screen dials while I am talking on the phone, My screen goes black and cannot dial. On 2/18/11 I went in to complain. Verizon, gave me another phone, same thing is happening. I am ready to throw this phone out of the window!!!
I am printing all of your complaints and going to Verizon today. They cannot keep ignoring this problem.

Back