Purchased My Next Phone: The Galaxy Nexus

Whitechapel

Reaction score
I finally did it. After losing my mind (literally) with my Droid 1 this weekend due to a bad ROM, I gave serious thought to purchasing an iPhone. Then I remembered what a bad idea that is. So today I was home and saw on the Facebook that a lot of people were upgrading phones. My little brother was going to buy his Droid Razr and he texted me saying that there were a ton of phones on sale. I crunched some numbers and said screw waiting for my tax return, this is $100 off the greatest phone out there right now. I snatched that bad boy for the cool price of $212.49 with tax. The customer service rep on the phone asked why I wanted it and I rattled off like 10 things and she was like "...wow! Well OK!". Google to the core, woman, I don't play around. Now the worst part: I must wait for it. I had it shipped home because the address of billing had to match the address of my credit card, so my mother is going to have to receive it, then ship it out to me. I can't tell you how excited I am to upgrade from this garbage Droid 1 I'm using. While it served me faithfully and well for almost a year, it has failed in so many aspects lately. I may give it a viking funeral, despite all the headaches I've had in the past few weeks.

In terms of accessories, I get a discount through my work, I think it's a hefty 30% off. Hell I'll take it! I was wondering what you beautiful people recommend in terms of accessories? I want a case, definitely. Something to cradle the greatness that is the Galaxy Nexus. Also, should I bother with a screen protector? I find the one on my Droid 1 almost hinders it. I wont use anything like Bluetooth, I just need a great case to protect my phone. I was also thinking perhaps an additional battery. And anything else you think I should consider. Also it doesn't need to be from Verizon itself, I'm aware that Otterbox, for example, is a pretty popular choice for cellphone cases. But I wanted to get the low down from the people who's opinion I value over just about anybody elses.

Any tips with the Galaxy Nexus as well? I'm no novice to cellphones, but little tips and tricks for my new phone would be awesome. App suggestions would be great too, anything that really shows off the Nexus.

Last edited:
I just got my Otterbox Commuter today from eBay. I really like the protection it offers for the price, it was 23 bucks shipped, plus it comes with a screen protector.

Congrats on picking one up!!

As far as a case you mentioned my personal favorite brand, but there are some really cool ones out there. I would highly recommend just "searching galaxy nexus cases" on amazon and seeing what's out there. I know a couple people who really like the Cruzer Lite Androidified case so that could be a starting point for you.

^^ would recommend the cruzer lite cases too...and screen protectors are really over rated in my opnion, haven't had one since launch and not a scratch.

I just upgraded my Galaxy Nexus two weeks ago, absolutely love it. I agree with NicoleNXD and JSM9872, I am also using Andriod case by cruzer lite that I got from Amazon website. It fits perfect I like it so much I got myself three more to switch around. I also got myself an extended battery and a Steinheil Flex clear screen protector (wet apply). Amazon would be a great place to shop as a starting point, the feedbacks are pretty good. But overall, get the cruzer lite case.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Thank you guys for all the awesome posts. I'll begin checking out cases and see what I can find!

Only 8 hours of work stands between me and the best smart phone on the market right now. I'm so excited, only talking about it at work today got me even more amped up!

I already found one I love...and the price is hard to beat. http://www.cruzerlite.com/Black-Sam...olor_map,price,size_name&searchRank=salesrank

So sleek! Sleekness is the name of the game for me.

I ordered one already, I had a look through everything and realized I needed to be "putting on" for the superior operating system and phone who most certainly goes hard in the paint. This is what I went with: http://www.amazon.com/Black-Androidified-Samsung-Wireless-Packaging/dp/B006MKLHDG/ref=lh_ni_t

I
love this forum, you guys are just like me: you don't like to mess around.

Last edited:
Nice choice, the Androidified cases are sweet!

Back