Question about flashing ROM's &/or Launchers.

holmes

Reaction score
Now that the G.Nex has no SD card, am I correct to assume when I want to do a wipe b4 loading a ROM or a launcher etc... it will also clear any music, pictures, etc... from the phone?
I suppose a back up of said files on my PC b4 a wipe & then drag them back after would preserve that data but... just not something I really had to worry about with the D1 I'm so used to.
Thanks in advance for your replies.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

hayjude99

Reaction score
I've only flashed 2 roms (And I had the same question) but nothing has been deleted. The Nexus has a folder where it creates a virtual SD card, and I don't think the roms touch that.

EDIT: I just restored back to complete stock through fastboot, and the SD card was erased. Not sure if it was the flashing itself that did it, on relocking and unlocking the bootloader, but the point is, is that I would backup anyway.

Last edited:
OP
holmes

holmes

Reaction score
I guess why I ask is I didn't unlock/root until 4-5 days after getting the phone last Thursday, and in doing so it cleared everything off the phone.

So, maybe someone knows if it only clears all "virtual SD card" data/media when we unlock/lock our phones.
I will back up my media b4 but... I'd still like 2 know if a wipe in Clockwork Recovery would clear that "virtual" SD card.???

Thanx for your replies.

... oh & hope everyone has a nice Christmas.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

T-Dev

Reaction score
when you initially root your phone it will wipe everything.

When you do a factory reset or load a rom it ignores the "SD Card" folder and thus saves your pics/music/etc.