Question about upgrading phones

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Hello,

Quick Question. 3 lines on our 4 line family are not due for upgrades till the beginning of Sept. One of the primary lines can upgrade now, but cannot get a phone from outside of verizon (like Let's Talk or Amazon). Since technically the upgrade date is in September, but it can still get a phone at the new 2 year price at Verizon. Is there a way to make it so that we can get it from the other sites before the 6-28 changes? Let's Talk is having a deal where if you get an LTE phone they give you a $40 account credit. Would be nice to get that.

I know verizon is passing out early upgrades to 3G users. These three users are still on 3G devices, and I know my one friend was offered an early upgraded less than a year into her two year if she got an LTE phone.

you will not be able to upgrade through anyone other than VZW. at least that has been my experience .

That sucks!

The other two lines are fine with there existing phones, but the line that is eligible I know doesn't want her pro much longer. Has been complaining about it for a while. You can get a Stratosphere for free on upgrades at NewEgg, with $40 credit. Which would be perfect for her. All she really wants is a larger screen and a physical keyboard.

Unfortunetly, the freaking stratosphere is $100 with two year on verizon.:angry:

Back