Questions about rooting

Alright with this S-On supposedly arriving soon, I should be just fine with insurance issues, even if i mess up the back up? I really wish i didnt have to have Linux to do the root.

Two things: If i use this version of alpha will i be able to go back to S-ON once the new version is released. Second your nandroid backup always is on your phone right?

They should have S-ON soon. They don't yet. But once you have S-OFF and they release S-ON, you'll be able to go back no matter what ROM you're on.

And yes, the Nandroid does typically stay on your phone but you can also save another copy to your desktop or laptop hard drive to be safe.

As you can tell, I am new to Droid. How do i save the nandroid backup to the hardrive?

Plug the phone in via USB, select on the phone to mount via a mount drive, open the drive on the computer and goto the clockworkmod/backups folder and copy your saves.

Alright with this S-On supposedly arriving soon, I should be just fine with insurance issues, even if i mess up the back up? I really wish i didnt have to have Linux to do the root.

The Windows method is back up from my understanding. And yes, that should be the case, but take that for what it is worth. Sometimes things happen that will prevent you from going back to S-ON. Just don't consider that a 100% guarantee for a save. But to me, it's worth the risk to be rooted and have so much more freedom with my phone.

The Windows method is back up from my understanding. And yes, that should be the case, but take that for what it is worth. Sometimes things happen that will prevent you from going back to S-ON. Just don't consider that a 100% guarantee for a save. But to me, it's worth the risk to be rooted and have so much more freedom with my phone.

I just did S-OFF. It worked, but didnt install clockworkmod. Does anyone know how to install manually?

Back