Quick Contacts

bonzomatic

Reaction score
One of the things that I loved about my Omnia was that it had a gadget for quick contacts. I see that my X has something similar on the first page to the right, but it's not as flexible as far as I can tell. On the Omnia when you opened one of the quick contacts you saw all the different ways to contact them (phone, text, etc.) There are 4 on the X but only 3 let you choose one way to send/call the contact and the 4th offers 2 options.

3 questions: 1)Is there a way to add more of these? 2)Can you add more than one way to communicate with the contact? 3) How do you change one of them once you've chosen a contact?

I've messed with them for a while now, but can't figure out how to change the functionality.

It's a Motorola widget on my Droid 2 Global. See if this works for you. Long-press the screen to bring up the "Add to Home screen" box. Choose "Motorola widgets". Choose "Contact quick tasks". Search for and choose the contact. Check up to two tasks (call work phone and text message cell phone, for instance). press "Done". You can then move and resize the widget on the home screen if needed. Pressing the image brings up that contact's info. Pressing the action (text, call, etc.) starts that action.

Back