Quick TIP: Improve Galaxy Note 5 Battery Life

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The Galaxy Note 5 has been my daily driver now for a few weeks. I have noticed that fully stock it has much better battery life than the galaxy s6. It also has a slightly larger battery at 3000mah. I am normally able to get through an entire day plus most of my evening on a single charge thanks to a few tips I have learned. Check out the video above to see the best ways to improve your Note 5 battery life.

I've had great battery life on my Note 5 but nothing like using Package Disabler and disabling 95% of the bloatware it suggests to be disabled. There were a few things I left enabled but by around 8pm at night I found myself at around 40% battery life instead of 15% battery life. I did the same for my wife's S6 Edge and the same thing happened.

I have been getting ~ 4 hours of screen on time, which is better than I could with my Nexus 6. I leave my brightness on auto, and have never used either of the power save modes. Been pleased so far.

I'd say I'm getting ~23hrs of Battery Life. Better than my Previous Note but still not Close to my Droid Turbo. To get a Day out of this Beast is fine by me though.

Back