R2-D2 Droid 2 Available Sept 30th

J

JohnDroid

r2d2-droid2-t.jpg

If you were wondering when the R2-D2 Edition of the Motorola Droid 2 was going to be available - wonder no more. Android Central broke the shots that showed off the release date, but still no word on pricing.

I must say these images do look better then the original "spy shot" but I'm not quite sure announcing my nerdy-ness with this much exuberance is a wise idea.

What are your thoughts? Worth waiting to show off your Midi-chlorian levels or not?

Full sized images after the jump in post #2, link here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/69587-r2-d2-droid-2-available-sept-30th.html

(Source: Android Central)

Here are the full sizes images available at Android Central

r2d2-droid2-1.jpg

r2d2-droid2-2.jpg

r2d2-droid2-3.jpg

Shame that I'm getting a D2 tomorrow instead. Excited, but still wanting.

It would have been nice to see the front and the slide out keyboard, these are great shots none the less, it definitely looks better than the earlier shots, I still think the boot image, framework, live wallpapers, and .ogg files will make this device well worth it.

It would have been nice to see the front and the slide out keyboard, these are great shots none the less, it definitely looks better than the earlier shots, I still think the boot image, framework, live wallpapers, and .ogg files will make this device well worth it.

Honestly, this phone could actually be very good even from a collector's standpoint. The additions on it seem pretty cool. Glad to see Verizon is getting the most out of their investment in the Droid name. Good on them. Excellent marketing.

Ahhh just got my droid1 a few months ago, still locked into2 year agreement. You win this round verizon

I agree. These shots do look better than the first ones. I still however am not thrilled with it. I would like to have seen an etched case enhanced with the blue, white and silver of R2. I'm not a fan of white phones in the first place, they look like toys to me. The sounds and screens that are programed into the SE R2 I'm sure that some of the people who are on this and many forums (and smarter than me), will post them up not long after the release. I commend VZW, Moto and Lucas for trying it but I'm not getting one.

My pants! Changing, brb.

:icon_eek: :rofl3:

I'd like silver over white too...buuuuuutttt....if i hadn't just bought my phone this past February i'd be all about getting this phone. Wutcha wanna bet this phone will cost another chunk of change on top of the D2 price?

The sounds and screens that are programed into the SE R2 I'm sure that some of the people who are on this and many forums (and smarter than me), will post them up not long after the release.

Ha! One of the first things I did when I got my Droid home last Nov was to look on the internet for different R2D2 sound files, then I trimmed them to the right size and put them on my phone so my phone makes Droooiid when I get an email, but makes different R2 sounds for texts, connecting USB, Facebook notifications, ect. It always cracks me up and I've had a few people think it strange, but others tell me how cool the alerts were.

Back