Random reboot again.

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
So now my rezound is spontaneously rebooting daily about the same time; about 4 or 5pm daily.
Can a rogue or badly written application crash the android os?

Thanks
B

It's possible it is an app. I was having problems with several apps force closing and when I deleted one certain app it all stopped.(scoremobile).

Very possible, or a combination of apps. You can pull your hair out trying to figure out which one or just do a hard reset :)

Caesars said:
Very possible, or a combination of apps. You can pull your hair out trying to figure out which one or just do a hard reset :)

What's the difference between the spontaneous reboot and a hard reset?

Factory reset returns your phone to out of the box condition.

Hard reset would erase everything and put phone settings back to default, basically undoing everything you've ever done to the phone.

cdm369 said:
Factory reset returns your phone to out of the box condition.

Yeah.
Did that may 8 in preparation for ICS that didn't happen.
Seems pretty drastic a solution to a random reboot.

In a non rude way, did you happen to put the same apps back on your phone after you reset? Also is it possible that the phone reapplied the same see apps during activation?

If its happened recently you could delete some apps you may have downloaded recently(if any) and see if that helps.

Caesars said:
In a non rude way, did you happen to put the same apps back on your phone after you reset? Also is it possible that the phone reapplied the same see apps during activation?

Not rude.
I put most of the same apps on slowly after the reset. It was fine until the last few days.
I'll retrace my steps and see what I've installed recently.
I was just wondering if an application could crash the android os like other operating systems.

Thanks
B

Here's another question.
There are apps that I use periodically that might be causing problems.
Could killing any apps that could be questionable be one solution?

If so, is there an app killer that's better than others?

B

App killer probably wouldn't help that. I don't use an app killer because they use battery

Op here.
Just for the record, I uninstalled some recently installed applications and the phone didn't reboot today.
Will see what tomorrow holds.

Thanks all.
B

Back