Randomly closing my message app.

Moogatoo

Reaction score
Hi, i recently bought the droid, it was fine for a week and then now at random times when i try to open up messaging it will Say something along the lines of "Sorry! App.messaging could not be opened and must close" it then gives me the option to force close, if i do not pick it it freezes, if i do i still have to restart my droid before i can message again, and it deletes all conversations i had going at that time, i would not mind this so much if i did not lose texts that i had not yet read, any support would be greatly appreciated, or do i need to turn in my phone for a new one?

I am currently using the stock one. Is that a problem?

No, not at all. It sounded like there may have been a conflict between the stock app and an app from the Market that you may have been using. But if you aren't using any Market apps, it's starting to sound like a phone software program. Judging by the error message you're getting, it sounds like there may be something corrupted in the stock app when it tries to launch, causing the force close. Unless someone else has any other suggestions, I would try doing a factory reset and seeing if that resolves the problem. Whatever other apps you may be running, try re-adding them one at a time over a few days. That way, if it is an app causing the conflict, you can narrow down which one it is. If that doesn't work, you may need to get a replacement phone from Verizon.

OK thank you. Is there a way to reset without wiping my SD card or removing my contacts? If so can you please say how?

It SHOULDN'T wipe your SD card to do a factory reset, but I haven't done one on my Droid before, so I can't be 100% sure. I think you'd have to also format the SD card to wipe it. You can back up your contacts onto the SD card by clicking the menu key when you're viewing your contacts, selecting "export" and export to SD card. When you're back up and running, you can do the reverse and import from SD card.

alrightttt welcome to droid..

the issue your experiencing is happening to alot of droid users. some might not know what your talking about but theres alot of topics about this. i myself have been dealing with this forr a longgg time on like 4 different droids. i txt ALOT and using the stock messaging app randomly it would do that. its really annoying.

i wouldnt be that annoyed either if it didnt erase the ones i didnt just read either but it did. idk what droid can do about it but i hope they can fix it..

BUTTTTT. ive been experimenting. Since you ddont care much about the messages, more then actually losing the ones u didnt read tryyy this.

set your messages to autodelete at 50.
i knowww i know its not alot. buttt it seems like when it reaches a limit it will delete. ive been testinggg it for a couple of days and nothing so far. i dont want to jinx it.

its unfortunate we have to deal with this but hopefully theress some way this can be fixed.

the same thing is happening to me..only I use Handcent...it keeps saying Handcent.PopUp is not responding blah blah blah...anyone know why this may be?

Back