Razr Dissatisfaction

chasmccl

Reaction score
I sense a great amount of Angst with Razr based on my reading of these threads - here's some advice (free, for what that's worth):

1) If you want a hassle-free existence, don't root your Razr - or buy a 4S

2) If you don't know what you're doing. (be honest with yourself - do you have a basic understanding of UNIX-based OSs?) don't root your Razr - Bricking is an expensive lesson

3) If, after ignoring 1) and 2) you want to continue, add a phone replacement insurance rider to your phone plan ($85 replacement deductible is a lot less than $500 penalty replacement)

Generally, my advice is that Android is for incourageable geeks (like me) iOS is for the rest

BOL

PS Droid Razr is still the best thing out there

Last edited:
I agree with your points except a partial for your first point, you can root but I would add not to flash a ROM at this point till more stable ones come put IMO. I'm rooted but didn't flash anything nor did I freeze anything. Then again I think freezing/deleting apps causes more problems if one doesn't know what they're doing which leads to soft bricking their Razr

Sent from my Rooted and Safestrapped Moto DROID RAZR

I sense a great amount of Angst with Razr based on my reading of these threads - here's some advice (free, for what that's worth):

1) If you want a hassle-free existence, don't root your Razr - or buy a 4S

2) If you don't know what you're doing. (be honest with yourself - do you have a basic understanding of UNIX-based OSs?) don't root your Razr - Bricking is an expensive lesson

3) If, after ignoring 1) and 2) you want to continue, add a phone replacement insurance rider to your phone plan ($85 replacement deductible is a lot less than $500 penalty replacement)

Generally, my advice is that Android is for incourageable geeks (like me) iOS is for the rest

BOL

PS Droid Razr is still the best thing out there
Well, I can't wait to see all the "hate mail" you're about to get lol. I feel pretty much the same way you do and have expressed that, in a little different manner, several times and you'd think I called everyone who rooted their phone a rat bastard. Anyway, root is fine if you know what you're doing and the desired and undesired consequences. I frankly see no reason to root the Razr at this point...maybe never. What floors me is the number of guys/gals who, within hours of purchase, were on these forums wanting to know how to root. I could tell by the questions that they had no idea of what to do or what not to do. A couple of weeks later a lot of those same guys were all upset that they couldn't download and successfully install the update...but they're rooted by god.

The only reason I have to root the Razr is for screenshots. That's one great thing about ICS. Can't wait for the Razr ICS update.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

What floors me is the number of guys/gals who, within hours of purchase, were on these forums wanting to know how to root.

I always read all the stuff about rooting, but even with my 'ancient history' Droid I, I've never quite understood why it needs rooting, or why it gets done. Maybe I'm not geeky enough. But since my old phone does all I want it to do (and maybe my ignorance of what it could do if rooted has served me well - ha), I've just been living in ignorant bliss, totally pleased with my phone, er, handheld computer.

That's not to say I'm not looking forward to moving up to the Razr sometime next month. dancedroid

Please help me
I could not install tun.ko for my motorola razr phone
It cannot be loaded because it is not compitable
I tried to download from many sources but could not be installed

Last edited:
Back