Razr or Razr Maxx

Papaw314

Reaction score
I just received an email from Verizon offering a free early upgrade to a Razr from my X2 if I sign a new contract. My contract isn't up until end of Oct. I've read all about how the battery life is better than the MAXX, but is it really worth paying $199 just for the extended battery? Are there any other advantages to the MAXX?

No other advantages, but man that battery life is nice.

I like the feel of the maxx in my hand. It doesn't feel as sharp on the edges. Seriously....

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

I liked the added thickness of the maxx too, as did my husband. The battery is a huge bonus but for us how it felt in our hand made the difference. Everyone is different tho, so I would suggest just holding both in the store, play with the text msg, phone calls everyday stuff and see what works best for you.

I would for sure check them out in store, also if no Battery case hybrid exists for the razr I would go for maxx for sure. of course if you are a light user you wouldn't need the maxx xP.

I'll jump on this bandwagon, the Maxx has a much better hand feel. The Razr is too thin and too light and for me feels like a thick credit card. Of course the bigger battery is brilliant. I have ten hour days and while using the Hell out of my phone I'm never lower the 45% when I get home.

Don't think you can go wrong with either, good luck.

Sent by my new Droid Razr Maxx

Is it worth it? For me, the answer was yes, but I work in an environment where I don't have the ability to charge my phone for extended periods of time.

Assuming cost is not an overriding concern, I would go with the Maxx if there's any doubt in your mind. You certainly won't regret it.

Thanks for all the input. I went to the store and mentioned the email I'd received. They looked in their system and told me I could have ANY 4g phone in the store. I walked away with a new Maxx at ZERO expense. Still setting everything up but so far I'm delighted!

Thanks for all the input. I went to the store and mentioned the email I'd received. They looked in their system and told me I could have ANY 4g phone in the store. I walked away with a new Maxx at ZERO expense. Still setting everything up but so far I'm delighted!

That is an awesome deal. You won't be disappointed. Me and my wife both have them and love 'em. She isn`t as tech savvy but it does everything she wants or needs and the battery life lets her play games all day. I've become more of a hard user since we got them and appreciate not running out of juice.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

If you're like me and hate carrying a charging device along with you then MAXX it is.

My charger (to be politically correct) is a "stay at home charger"
:)

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

Maxx

Looks like they are the same price on the VZW site. Not much of a decision. Battery life or no battery life, that is the question.

Looks like they are the same price on the VZW site. Not much of a decision. Battery life or no battery life, that is the question.

That ticks me off. I just finally upgraded my D1 to the Maxx less than two weeks ago, and paid $299. If I'd known this drop was coming so soon, I'd have held off. :mad:

Ghostwheel said:
That ticks me off. I just finally upgraded my D1 to the Maxx less than two weeks ago, and paid $299. If I'd known this drop was coming so soon, I'd have held off. :mad:

Call Big Red cust service for a price match...?

Sent from my RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

I just want to add, with the prices dropping on both the maxx and the RAZR, I'm crossing my fingers for a statement to drop in the next few weeks for a new device.... and possibly some yummy frozen treat for all of us.

This is just me hoping though.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Im hoping Razr doesn't get discontinued before the daughters are ready to upgrade.

Sent from my RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Back