Rebooting problems/solutions?

drg889

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I just got my Rezound not too long ago on black friday (managed to get it for $50 w/ an upgrade). It worked great until 2 days ago. I had the phone on for over a week so i figured id just restart it, went along and pressed the restart option. Little did i know it caused an (almost) infinite loop of rebooting. At that point, it sometimes booted up, but would say i had no service and when i unlocked the phone, itd just restart again. I did the "fix" multiple times and it didn't work really (the whole change the CDMA/LTE thing with taking out the SIM card, etc.), but just when i was going to give up and request a new Rezound, it started working again.

However, just today, i noticed that i wasn't getting any 4G or 3G connections in areas where i normally do (Bay Area/San Francisco), i was either getting no 4g/3g or just 1X. Tried restarting the phone by powering off then on, and it started the infinite reboot problem again, tried pulling the battery, booted up, but no service. Rebooted again, got "service" but no bars, 10 minutes later after walking around a store, i got a bar or two of service.

It just bothersme if i would have to deal with this on multiple occasions. The phone itself is awesome and is built pretty nice, but the rebooting problems ive been having is starting to bug me. Along with that, the left side of the phone creaks a good amount (i assume because i removed the back cover a couple times, carefully, but still multiple times).

Anyone have similar problems/solutions?

Thanks!

Personally, I would recommend exchange if you haven't voided the warranty with HTC dev unlock.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

Sometimes a battery pull or a complete shutdown and then reboot (don't use the reboot option this time around) can fix this. You can also try booting to stock recovery and wiping the cache (not data, that will reset your phone). When you have the phone on for soo long those cache files start to build up and it can start to cause issues.

As far as the signal problems, that's VZW not your phone. I was having the same issue last week or so where I would only get 1X for a while for a few days in a row.

I've actually tried removing the battery (i actually had to do this multiple times, along with removing the SIM card and booting/putting it back and booting) multiple times to try to fix the problem. Factory reset didn't resolve it either, and im hoping the cache and temp files don't cause problems since ive only really had the phone for less than a month.

I assumed it was the phone with the signal problems. My friend who also has VZW (and the LG Ally) had full bars and 3G. This had initially caused me to power off/power on my phone when it started the problems again.

Thanks for the responses, anymore would be greatly helpful!

I've actually tried removing the battery (i actually had to do this multiple times, along with removing the SIM card and booting/putting it back and booting) multiple times to try to fix the problem. Factory reset didn't resolve it either, and im hoping the cache and temp files don't cause problems since ive only really had the phone for less than a month.

I assumed it was the phone with the signal problems. My friend who also has VZW (and the LG Ally) had full bars and 3G. This had initially caused me to power off/power on my phone when it started the problems again.

Thanks for the responses, anymore would be greatly helpful!

Maybe before exchanging the phone and getting a CLNR go into the store and see if they will swap out a new SIM card for you.

I had mine alil over a week and mIne did the same thing to me today with restarting over and over and no service. So my new replacement will be here tomorrow.

Take battery door off, reboot with it off. If it doesn't reboot by itself, check network settings via lte on/off app. Mine was rebooting over and over. Somehow it had set to wcdma. Set to cdma/lte auto prl fixed it.

Take battery door off, reboot with it off. If it doesn't reboot by itself, check network settings via lte on/off app. Mine was rebooting over and over. Somehow it had set to wcdma. Set to cdma/lte auto prl fixed it.

Mine just did the same thing; first issue that came up since I bought it two months ago! Evidently, the phone will sometimes set itself to "WCDMA Auto" and go to endless looping. The above fix usually works; if not you can remove the sim card and reboot that way to change it back.

What I had been doing is set it manually to 3G only (to save battery), with Fastboot off, and this seems to set off the reboot issue (but not always - Don't you love it??). Anyway, I'm leaving mine at CDMA + LTE/EvDo Auto using LTE Switch app from the market.

Also, avoid using the "Reboot" option when rebooting your phone, as this seems to be part of what sets it off. Use "Shutdown" instead, and then restart your phone from there.

Last edited:
Back