Redbox Now Available for Android. But is it worth it?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

redbox-instant-banner-540x263_zpsbaf8e1d9.png

Well now all you Redbox fans have the opportunity to watch your favorite movies on your Android Device. The cost is $6 a month. There is a one month free trial to 'Eligible' customers. Although it doesn't seem to have the reviews one would hope for, there is always time to improve it.

Those interested can download it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.redbox.android.activity&hl=en

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be interested in any opinions from those who tried it ....

they would come out with stuff like this after they do away with unlimited data.. i don't see many people taking the leap on this mainly because of Netflix being 2 bucks more with larger selection.

Im not a fan of the root check/disable they have they can take a hike, not their business if i am rooted or not.

Im not a fan of the root check/disable they have they can take a hike, not their business if i am rooted or not.

guess that takes me out.. not that i really care..

Root check is no surprise. Google Video did it and I'm sure it's because of the content providers. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the content providers also disabled HDMI output on the app. Cause, you know we all want to pirate the movies we watch :dry:

Wow really root check? What a shame cause I was really interested in trying it.. oh well Netflix loves my phone whether I'm rooted or not.

Completely forgot about voodoo. Still they shouldn't care about what my phone is doing. Is there a way you can copy a video? The quality would be terrible! And such a waste of bandwidth and phone space?

Back