redbox official app

getsideways

Reaction score
when you go to the redbox website from your droid, it must know your on android because it asks if you want to open the beta android app. i havnt reserved a movie from it but it seems just like the iphone app. why wouldnt you install it on your phone like other apps? this runs from the browser. anyway, thought everyone would like to know.

when you go to the redbox website from your droid, it must know your on android because it asks if you want to open the beta android app. i havnt reserved a movie from it but it seems just like the iphone app. why wouldnt you install it on your phone like other apps? this runs from the browser. anyway, thought everyone would like to know.

Tried the webapp today, and it works pretty decent. The site is a bit slow but it can detect your location and tell you where the closest redbox is. You can scroll through all the available movies and I was able to reserve one. Its pretty great, these things are popping up everywhere. I've got like 5 or 6 redboxes within a 5 minute drive of my house. All they need to do is speed up the website a bit and it will be perfect.

I believe this is because it is simply an HTML5 website as m.youtube.com is as well. It is the future, not app stores.

Back