Redraw delay

jk8

Reaction score
I've had my Nexus for about three weeks and have noticed over the last few days that it takes longer and longer to redraw the home screen when coming out of an app. I have had none of the other problems I've read about, so I feel fortunate. I'm still locked and unrooted . Anyone else having this problem?

In those three weeks have you restarted the phone?

I ran a little test and noticed that after about a week and a half of the phone being on, it would slow down a bit. Did a restart and it was as snappy as it was out of the box. I think I had it up to close to 300hrs uptime. You can check the up time in your settings ---> about phone ---> status and it should be on the bottom.

There are of course other things that apply to the slight delay (amount of apps, apps running, apps running in the background, widgets, etc.), but overall a restart is always good for a fresh restart.

Last edited:
This works perfect.

In terminal emulator:

type su and enter.
Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter.
Then reboot.
Now evaluate whether or not this fixes your lag.

It basically places the home launcher as the top priority to keep in memory. I believe it is number 6 be default. This places it at #1 so it will be the last thing to kick out of memory.

If you want to undo what this command does, simply remove that toggle from: /data/
local.prop

CREDIT: samsonite801

Back