Remote Folder Access?

Quirken

Reaction score
I've got a large number of files I'd like to access remotely on my Droid 2. In a perfect world, I could just sync them to my SD card, but I have way more than could fit on my SD card to begin with.

I'm looking for some kind of solution where I can access my files remotely on my phone (leaving my desktop at home on).

The best I've come up with so far is setting up a FTP server at home, but this doesn't feel like a very... elegant... solution.

Suggestions?

In a perfect world, I could just sync them to my SD card, but I have way more than could fit on my SD card to begin with.

Dropbox isn't a working solution because Dropbox would sync ALL the files to my phone. I don't want them synced, I want them available "as needed."

I have about 30GB of stuff I'd like accessible and only a 16GB SD card. Hence the need for it to be remote access / "download as needed"

I see what you mean. I did a search in the market for "pc file transfer" and saw a lot of apps. Some free, some paid apps. I've never used any of them to recommend one. Maybe you'll find one that's useful.

Sent from the Unbrickable DROID

Back