Removing Bloatware?

DoubleTapp89

Reaction score
I was wondering about how to remove the bloatware on my Droid X2. Is there more to a advantage when doing this? Like Gain memory and Battery life?? Thanks in advance.

The prevailing opinion is to no remove anything, but to use an app to freeze the bloat programs. There are threads on this in the Droid X2 Hacking forum.

Check out Bloat Freezer, it's a paid app but I have had zero problems with it and everything "defrosts" just as easy.

I use Titanium Backup for that but you need a rooted phone, is it possible with Droid X2 already?

Sent from my A953 using DroidForums

Last edited:
I'm new to the whole rooting process, however I used the one click method and have successfully rooted my phone thanks to the wonderful dev community.
I'm just wondering how do i delete the bloatware off of my Droid 3 and which apps are safe to remove?

Do not remove.

2 ways. "Freeze" the apps with titanium backup, or buy root explorer and rename the apk's to bak files.

Freezing is more user friendly. You will need to unfreeze before accepting OTA updates as well.

Sent from my A855, while on the move.

Do not remove.

2 ways. "Freeze" the apps with titanium backup, or buy root explorer and rename the apk's to bak files.

Freezing is more user friendly. You will need to unfreeze before accepting OTA updates as well.

Would removing apps prevent you from OTA updates?

Do not remove.

Root Uninstaller is easier and FREE to freeze apps.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Root uninstaller is free with a trial, only 3 un-freeze

:(

Back