Repeated email notifications

JLB09

Reaction score
I have had my Droid for several weeks now and today is the first time this has happened. I am receiving repeated email notifications at least one every half hour for an email that I received about 3 or 4 hours ago. This has never happened before. I even powered off the phone and then I received another one via the phone ringing.

Thoughts anyone?

And now when I should have gotten one I am getting nothing. although that delay can be associated with gmail as that has happened before. but until today I have never received repeated notifications.

I have now decided this is worse - no notifications at all coming through now. Very strange!

Sometimes it also changes old messages to unread and notifies me…

…I’m starting to think that my :motdroidvert: is a female… :icon_eek:

Sometimes it also changes old messages to unread and notifies me…

…I’m starting to think that my :motdroidvert: is a female… :icon_eek:

Funny mine is doing that too, but I thought perhaps my Droid was a MALE!

I thought I would update this thread and how I dealt with this problem yesterday. My notifications for email over and over continued all day long. I tried doing a complete shut down. I tried taking the battery out but neither stopped the problem. Finally I tried deleting the last ten emails in my gmail and kept them deleted for several hours. During that time the repeated notifications stopped. Later I restored the emails as I had not wanted to delete them completely and the notifications did not resume.

I am not sure if this solved it for the future but it worked. Today my notifications have been normal and only one when it should happen.

Maybe this post will be helpful for others.

I get the same problem. I consistantly get notifications that I have new emails (sync'd to Hotmail), but when I go and check, they are old emails that have already been read that are teturning to the inbox highlighted as new. It's 2 to 10 at a time. I have to check them off and press mark as read.

Is anyone else having this issue? Have you been able to fix it?

I get the same problem. I consistantly get notifications that I have new emails (sync'd to Hotmail), but when I go and check, they are old emails that have already been read that are teturning to the inbox highlighted as new. It's 2 to 10 at a time. I have to check them off and press mark as read.

well as I said above it was just that one day and on that day I deleted the most recent emails for several hours which stopped it. Later I restored them. The next day all was working normally again with only one notification at a time. It has not happened again.

This exact thing happens to me too. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for which emails it decides to mark as unread either. I had assumed it must have something to do with my email server, but based on this thread it may be the Droid.

Occasionally, this happens to me too. Even after I've deleted the message from the server via a PC, it will still bounce back to the Droid. It's also totally random. It will pick one message from a bunch received at the same time and keep bouncing it back. It can take up to an hour before it stops.

Occasionally, this happens to me too. Even after I've deleted the message from the server via a PC, it will still bounce back to the Droid. It's also totally random. It will pick one message from a bunch received at the same time and keep bouncing it back. It can take up to an hour before it stops.

Up to an hour, then you are lucky. The day that it happened to me last week it happened for about 7 hours. It would notify about every 30 minutes for the same message. Nothing worked until I deleted about 10 of the most recent messages. Strange though it has not happened again since that one day.

But as has been said here, we are all testing this phone, happily for the most part and I am certain little bugs like this will eventually be corrected.

It has never persisted for more than an hour for me, but it did bounce back every 5-10 minutes.

As for your last statement, I concur.

Same with mine, but I think with mine (I use Road Runner), I think it's because I don't have it delete the email from the server, just the phone. I think maybe it see the email is still out there. Easy bug to fix.....I hope.

Back