Return to Stock Unroot...

702mike

Reaction score
Hey Im REALLY new to flashing, rooting, what have you and I've nearly had a few heart attacks fearing I Bricked the thing... Lucky for me I made back ups. I'm sure that 90% of the time Ive missed a step or didn't really understand the processes. Lets put it into perspective, I've learned a lot but I admit defeat in this realm. LOL all I really wanted was a true wireless hotspot, not adhoc, without having to pony up to Big Red. I dove in feet first without realizing that the Rezound is one of those uncapable devices in rooted stock form. I didn't know Foxfi existed and I plan on returning this for a Razr Max in which I won't have to root to get the service free (thanks Foxfi).

With the Bootloader re-locked S-ON I've tried the ADB using the RUU_Vigor... .exe route. It says I don't have the right ROM, there are 2 .exe I tried them both. The Phone starts the process and reboots to a black HTC screen. The exe then tries to wipe data and load the 1.02.605.6 file and says that Im trying to upload the wrong RUU. tried dozens of times with no avail. Not sure whether or not to just walk into best buy running rooted stock and return it or not. Any help or thoughts???

Have you tried the 2.01...exe RUU? I think I read somewhere you can't RUU backwards, basically... could be wrong though.

Thanks very much for responding. Yes I tried 2.01.605.11 which actually matches whats running in the phone currently. The other version goes through to reboot and attempts to load. The 2.01 doesn't usually allow the phone to communicate right off the bat, annd when it does ends in the same result.

Thanks very much for responding. Yes I tried 2.01.605.11 which actually matches whats running in the phone currently. The other version goes through to reboot and attempts to load. The 2.01 doesn't usually allow the phone to communicate right off the bat, annd when it does ends in the same result.

so is the phone just rooted stock right now?

hmmm... are you running it from hboot or from within the booted up system? don't think that would matter, but curious...

It wont communicate directly from HBOOT, from FAST BOOT it says that I need to charge my battery (even though it's charged). The only way I have gotten it to initialize is from the Home Screen... I also tried all 3 different types of connection types= SYNC, DISK DRIVE, CHARGE ONLY. It seems like the forums I've seen that you are right about the upgrade having to go up. I saw a post where thee individual lost everything except HBOOT access and was able to restore using this method but Im not sure how. Should I try turning off fast boot or unlocking my Bootloader and trying again?

Sorry - slip of the tongue... meant fastboot! :)

Might be worth a shot, b/c it's odd that it's not working based on everything you're saying.

Out of curiosity again, what is on top of your hboot screen with regard to verbiage?

Sorry bout the CAPS on the last post LOL I just wanted to accent the Menu's I wasn't trying to be smart.
I turned off fast boot didn't work... At which point did you want the Text from? I do get a security warning when connected via USB at the FAST BOOT USB menu. I wonder if I should unlock and try it, then relock later.

Sorry bout the CAPS on the last post LOL I just wanted to accent the Menu's I wasn't trying to be smart.
I turned off fast boot didn't work... At which point did you want the Text from? I do get a security warning when connected via USB at the FAST BOOT USB menu. I wonder if I should unlock and try it, then relock later.

HEADS UP I GOT IT... So all else failed, and of all places I turned to the Android Market, Google Play whatever. I downloaded an app called "UNROOT". It also failed me several times. I had gave up and began trying to mask the fact the phone was rooted by going into my file manager of choice and deleting all other associated apps including clockworkmod recovery, amon ra, root check, Titanium Backup, all of them every folder. Just before finally deleting Unroot I tried it one last time. I searched the app drawer and Superuser was gone. I uninstalled unroot and that was it, no trace. The app cost 2 bucks or so. Phone got returned, and no one even asked me if i rooted the phone any way. Thanks for your help... I'm moving to the Razr Maxx now.

Back