Rezound stopped retrieving mail

catchtyphoon

Reaction score
This is my second rezound. First one froze up on me and had to be replaced. Now this one has stopped retrieving my e-mail?
Really not happy with this phone and regretting not getting an i-phone :(
Hoping someone can help me with this issue :(
Thanks
Sonja

Assuming the mail is set up correctly, go to Menu, Settings, Power, Power Mode, and select High Performance. Then have someone send you a test email and see how long it takes to get it.
Do you realize that with an iPhone you have to PAY for Navigation with turn by turn directions?

The stock email app will stop working sometimes. I'd suggest using k9, kaiten, or enhancedemail

Sent from my Paranoid Android Galaxy Nexus

I'm having this issue too

I did as suggested, but my usage was already at high performance and it only retrieves e-mail now when I force a refresh. I'll look at some of the other apps suggested and see if I can get it set up in a different way next.

I've had my phone since February and this just started happening in the last 2 or 3 weeks.

I've had many droid phones and it always seems better to use the apps directly from the mail providers rather than the all-in-one-place mail box included within the OS. So if you use yahoo mail download the yahoo mail app, set it up for push notifications, same for gmail....these are much more reliable...also make sure apps are able to run in the background, this is found in settings...if they cant operate in the background it can't fetch checks for mail...

Eventually my stock email quit working too. Lots of threads on people having trouble, so it is common. K9 mail has worked great for me, no problems at all. It is a pain to set up initially because there is a lot you can do with the settings. But once its going, it works really well and you can customize to your preference.

Back