Ringdroid problems!!

Burnintrees

Reaction score
is anyone else not have their custom tones working with froyo? What's going on? How can I get my custom tones to work? Is there another app for ringtone making? This is pretty frustrating.

Mine work fine with RingDroid and FroYo, what is going on that is not working for you ?

Its not playing the tone I created. When I check the ringer setting I have the one I made electric but when someone calls it plays some beeping ringtone, some stock tone I'm assuming dunno which.

edit*after looking at the app again looks like it got corrupted somehow. All the files seem broken. When I try and make a new tone it gives an error message when I open it. I'll try c and delete and reinstall I guess.

Last edited:
Ringdroid works fine on my D2 and my D1 with 2.2. Try deleting the app and then reinstalling it.

Hmm seems like something weird happen ed. My music won't play in the stock player now, its saying nit recognizing file type . The music works in rock player. I'll try re booting

Seems like everything is working okay after a hard reset.

i'm having the same exact issues with ringdroid. and yes, the hard reset solved the problem, but only temporarily unfortunately... after about 24 hours all my custom made ringdroid ringtones went back to playing that "stock" ring... if anyone finds a permanent solution, please post... many thanks.

Seems like everything is working okay after a hard reset.

im not sure a hard reset was even necessary. sometimes a simple reboot will fix a lot. Im not sure how much u power cycle, but u should turn ur phone off and then on at least once a day anyway. i power cycle every morning when i wake up after i take it off the charger. phone is running great. no ringdroid problems or any other problems for that matter.

i'm having the same exact issues with ringdroid. and yes, the hard reset solved the problem, but only temporarily unfortunately... after about 24 hours all my custom made ringdroid ringtones went back to playing that "stock" ring... if anyone finds a permanent solution, please post... many thanks.

Do you have Norton antivirus installed on your phone? I had the beta version of Norton and my ringtones did not work. It would always play a stock ringtone. After I uninstalled Norton, they worked fine for all of my contacts.

Back