Roooted..What's next?

jkm2282

Reaction score
Right, I rooted my Droid X today morning (I know, late to the party) and used an app called super manager to rename the apps which I didn't wanted. I wanted to delete them but read it here that it's a better option to just rename them, so I think I did well on that front. :)

What other things should I do now that my phone is rooted? I must admit that I rooted it primarily to remove the idiotic apps but I want to increase the capabilities of my phone. ROMs, Overclocking..I read about these but haven't got the foggiest idea what they mean. I would appreciate your comments here to make this incredible phone even better after it has been rooted. Thanks a lot.

U sure u r comfortable doing this? Please please please get droidx bootstrapper from market and make a backup before u do anything else AT ALL

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Thanks! When you say make a backup, does that mean back up the user data I have or the apps? Or back up of the OS?

Ok. Here's what i'll say. There are a TON of threads here on this forum that cover things like rooting for those who know nothing about rooting.(edit) I really enjoy helping people and normally would push this into one of those threads. However, with your last question and the feeling that I have that u have already gone further than u should have before knowing more, I would like to sit in this with u and make sure u r ok at least to start. R u ok with staying in this thread and talking with me? Also I hope I didn't come across as rude. :)

I am in! Not at all mate, I appreciate you taking time out to help me here. Thanks a lot

Good! :) And you're quite welcome! Firing up the pc since my dx is gonna die soon. Ok. So hang tight a minute. In the meantime, go to market and buy dx bootstrapper. This is a must.

hello, I am thinking about a droid x root so I can have the function of a wirless hotspot. any recommendatios and also is there a way to root my phone just for that access and leave everything else alone?

Also, make a list of the apps u have renamed. I want to make sure I know right where u r. Also if u have done anything else after rooting, writte that down too

hello, I am thinking about a droid x root so I can have the function of a wirless hotspot. any recommendatios and also is there a way to root my phone just for that access and leave everything else alone?
Hey tony, have u rooted yet?

I have renamed - Amazon, City ID, Blockbuster, Verizon Voice VM, NFL, SKype, News and Weather and Social Feeds - just the usual bloatware.

I have renamed - Amazon, City ID, Blockbuster, Verizon Voice VM, NFL, SKype, News and Weather and Social Feeds - just the usual bloatware.

Ok. Pc is SLOW. Hang tight one more sec

Back