Rooted Droid X Flashed Wrong ROM

DroidX25

Reaction score
I have rooted my droid x and I was downloading gingerbread, well I couldn't get it to download more than 23kb's. I finally was able to get all of it downloaded. I went to install it on my phone and it showed that I have downloaded two of them, longer story short I flashed the wrong one now only the boot screen up. How can I fix this or am I just out of luck.

Download RSD Lite and go to the Team Black Hat website and download the current .sbf file. Its .340.

Also download the current Motorola drivers. Install RSD Lite 4.9 and unzip the .sbf file using WinRAR or something comparable. Install the Moto drivers.

Go into RSD Lite and select your .sbf file and then put your phone into bootloader by holding the power, volume down and camera buttons at the same time. Connect your phone to the computer via USB and click the button to flash the phone. Let it do its thing and don't unplug it until it reboots.

After it reboots, turn it off and hold the power and home button and wipe the data and cache. Then you are good to go.

It sounds hard, is overwhelming and scary, but its very easy. There are also tons of how to threads online on .sbf'ing.

You can get everything you need here

Back