Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

Verizon, for whatever reason, won’t give us an official date for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. We have heard November 10, 17, post-Black Friday, and even November 21 as potential options. It’s tough to call any of those “official” though, especially since they change every couple of days. One thing we do know, is that stores have already received their first batch of G-Nex cases ahead of launch. I’m would highly doubt that we will see the phone tomorrow (10th) with the DROID RAZR coming out on Friday, but if they do announce it as a “web only” exclusive, they could really release it whenever they’d like.

Source

this is nice to know but it really does not mean too much. i guess it tells us that it will probably be in November, which we knew for the most part. its a nice little part of the timeline but doesnt tell us anything about the release date.

Does anyone know about how far in advance to release VZW usually ships the accessories to stores? I can see them sending this stuff more than a week before expected release date. Maybe that 17th rumor is true?

Does anyone know about how far in advance to release VZW usually ships the accessories to stores? I can see them sending this stuff more than a week before expected release date. Maybe that 17th rumor is true?

im pretty sure the Bionic stuff showed up a few days before its release.They are not announcing it until they release the Razr.

Would be nice to wake up in the morning with an email from Verizon saying I can pre-order.
Wishful thinking.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Would be nice to wake up in the morning with an email from Verizon saying I can pre-order.
Wishful thinking.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

I figure the absolute earlier they'd do that is after the Razr launch.

I honestly have no idea what Verizon is going to do with the release. I could see them doing just an online release like past Nexus releases, I could also see them just having the phone available on Black Friday with no announcement.

They really have gone against the grain with this phone and I don't think anything they've done in the past matters, this will be one odd release.

I honestly have no idea what Verizon is going to do with the release. I could see them doing just an online release like past Nexus releases, I could also see them just having the phone available on Black Friday with no announcement.

They really have gone against the grain with this phone and I don't think anything they've done in the past matters, this will be one odd release.

I was told it will be released on the 21st of this month by a Verizon store Rep!!! That is when it will be in the stores Also he told me that I can pre order for it in the store today but in their system it is no mention of it being 16GB or 32GB. So I did not want to take a chance and pre order and get the 16GB I want the 32GB.

Last edited:
I'll believe it when I see it in my hand. Every store I go to looks at me like I'm crazy when I mention the Nexus.

Get exclusive release for hot new phone. Downplay and deflect as much as possible.

I think the fact that this is a "exclusive" release announced weeks ago not even getting verified by said carrier is one of the sole ominous factors keeping the razr an option for me.

I honestly don't know about all this. I work at a RadioShack now, and my regional Verizon rep came in the other day and gave us a spec sheet for all the 4G phones now and ones to release this Fall. Now, while the Galaxy Nexus did make the sheet, about half of the columns were completed and the other empty spaces said "Final Specs Not Yet Verified." I don't know about a release before black friday. She felt pretty comfortable saying that she thought everything was leaning towards a post black-friday release, which makes sense to me. All the official information we got was about the new double-data deal and everything we needed to know about the Razr, so we shall see.

Back