Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Developer Edition Becomes Available, But Already Sold Out

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
white-GNote3.jpg

Samsung snuck this one in on us. The Developer Edition of the Galaxy Note 3, which we reported would be coming, has already been released. It sells for a retail price of $699.99. Unfortunately, it appears it is already sold out as well.

Originally, tgyberg tipped us off on the eventual launch of this version of the GNote3, and he also tipped us this time. He too was a bit too late to grab one for himself however. Keep checking with the source link below and let us know if you see it become available. We will update you if we find out anything else as well.

Thanks again, tgyberg!

Source: Samsung Mobile

Last edited:
^^. Lol!

It's funny... your graphic above actually helped me see a typo I missed before. OP updated. Thanks! :D

only a vzw version :( AT&T need to step their game up.

I was hoping it was going to be a Google Edition.

You can unlock the AT&T version far easier than you can the Verizon version.

Yea a GE addition would be ideal. Oh well, Bean's rom is awesome and he got one this morning!

yall do not know how I would act if I saw a google edition note 3.

Well since that is not going to happen you will not get to see. :p

yall do not know how I would act if I saw a google edition note 3.

Well since that is not going to happen you will not get to see. :p

How could you have a Samsung free version of a phone that uses so much Samsung bloat to make it unique?

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
s pen aholic in Beast Mode (Notetoo)

How could you have a Samsung free version of a phone that uses so much Samsung bloat to make it unique?

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
s pen aholic in Beast Mode (Notetoo)

Asked myself the same question until I ran beanstalk 4.3 a few months back and then I realized how much better this phone runs with out all the samsung bloat. Don't get me wrong some samsung bloat is needed but I wish I could choose the bloat instead of all or nothing.

Asked myself the same question until I ran beanstalk 4.3 a few months back and then I realized how much better this phone runs with out all the samsung bloat. Don't get me wrong some samsung bloat is needed but I wish I could choose the bloat instead of all or nothing.

By definition the s pen features are bloatware.
Not trying to be argumentative, I'm just saying without the s pen the Note is just a big screened smartphone, a mini Nexus7 with expandable memory, removable battery and without the phone radios.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
I'm an "s pen aholic" Noteate

By definition the s pen features are bloatware.
Not trying to be argumentative, I'm just saying without the s pen the Note is just a big screened smartphone, a mini Nexus7 with expandable memory, removable battery and without the phone radios.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
I'm an "s pen aholic" Noteate

Naw, you good.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tushar.cmspen&hl=en
^ that gives me my spen features

and I actually prefer these: (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.styluslabs.write&hl=en) and/or (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.steadfastinnovation.android.projectpapyrus&hl=en) over the samsung note taking apps for the note 2. Now I will say I am intrigued with the action memo on the n3 but again I can do with out it.

Naw, you good.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tushar.cmspen&hl=en
^ that gives me my spen features

and I actually prefer these: (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.styluslabs.write&hl=en) and/or (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.steadfastinnovation.android.projectpapyrus&hl=en) over the samsung note taking apps for the note 2. Now I will say I am intrigued with the action memo on the n3 but again I can do with out it.

I put two of them on my phone and the Cm S-pen app in my wish list if I ever go to a CM based rom. But give me AirCommand and S-Pen functionality and I'd happily ditch the rest. Shoot, make an AirCommand clone with customization shortcuts and I'd be even happier.

What are the specs on this dev edition? I wonder if THIS is the 64GB version that's been talked about all of the internet for the last few months! I searched EVERYWHERE and NO ONE knew anything about the 64GB model...not Samsung or Verizon which pissed me off because I really wanted that model.

At this point I guess it doesn't matter...I had to pay more than $699 for my 32GB model from VZW (in order to keep unlimited data). That's why I surf the hell out of the internet, and I stream and download any and everything I can think of to at least take advantage of it! Can you say "SlingPlayer!"

What are the specs on this dev edition? I wonder if THIS is the 64GB version that's been talked about all of the internet for the last few months! I searched EVERYWHERE and NO ONE knew anything about the 64GB model...not Samsung or Verizon which pissed me off because I really wanted that model.

At this point I guess it doesn't matter...I had to pay more than $699 for my 32GB model from VZW (in order to keep unlimited data). That's why I surf the hell out of the internet, and I stream and download any and everything I can think of to at least take advantage of it! Can you say "SlingPlayer!"

When I left Verizon I was downloading a minimum of one gig a day. I'd be at work with my phone downloading a movie from my house over and over.

vz is selling 64gig note 3 around christmas. it is a secret that will piss all 32gig owners off. I work for vz business, but a customer service girl told me I cant order it as it is being sold around the holidays.
my problem is my note 2 is 5.5 inches I am only gaining .2 tenths of an inch. the gear stinks, so why upgrade. for a slightly faster processor and spen changes that I wont use , why?.. also told my current spen files wont work if I copy them to the 3. this upgrade is stinking more and more. all I use the spen for is girls phone nbrs, notes . I dont paint pictures with it. I can see upgrading if you dont have a note 2. galaxy messed up. they make the mega which is 6.3 but with a cheaper screen quality and slow processor. now if it had the good screen and processor and spen and was the new note 3 I would upgrade. the note 3 was supposed to be 6.3 inches.

Back