Samsung Galaxy S5 vs iphone 5s or 6 - Feedback please!?

mia0612

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S3, and I love it. I mean it has all the features and specs that I need. It has a great camera too! The only "issue" with it is that it has a VERY SLOW response!!! ( I know it is quite common in Samsung galaxy, especially if you have lots of memory taken & many apps downloaded). From one app to another, it takes a delay of 3-6 seconds to swap. Pressing the 'back' button - I need to press it SEVERAL times before it takes you out of the open app! And, sometimes the windows shut down automatically and I have to re-open them again. I know it is not a big deal, but when you compare it to other phones, such as the iphone, HTC or sony xperia, it just seems so "slow", and it drives me nuts!! I just want my mobile to have a better performance and a quicker response!!

Many are suggesting I buy an iphone (5s or upcoming 6) - which is incredibly fast! On the other hand, they say the Samsung S5 camera is way better than the iphone with great performance too!

And I am confused which one to choose! :/ .... I want a very fast mobile with a very good camera :p

Does anyone who has the Samsung S5 have got any trouble with responsiveness or delays in apps?? Do you think the iphone 5s or 6 will be the best one to buy?

What do you suggest please?

Coming from an S3, I don't think you will be impressed by the iPhone 5. The iPhone 6 rumors are not going to help either.

Check our dedicated S5 site where you can get user responses.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum - Active Topics

If you are happy with your s3, I'd stay on the galaxy line.

I tend to easily go back and forth between iPhone and Androids with no problem, however most of my friends who "made the jump" can't seem to swallow a different OS.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

mmm :/ that's my problem exactly. I am so used to androids. I don't like the idea of switching to an iphone....

If you are happy with your s3, I'd stay on the galaxy line.

I tend to easily go back and forth between iPhone and Androids with no problem, however most of my friends who "made the jump" can't seem to swallow a different OS.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Plus, a lot of that delay is caused by little/unused apps taking up space and, possibly, memory.
A factory reset to get rid of the stuff that you haven't used for a long time will help.
Also, using a launcher like Apex, Nova, etc to replace the stock TouchWiz launcher can go a long way to make the phone feel "snappy".

Have you considered limiting the background apps allowed to run? Try three or four apps allowed to run at one time. I think it's found in Developer Options. A master reset couldn't hurt.

We upgraded from S3 to the S5. Camera is great. The S5 is way more battery efficient. I don't know if the camera is better than the IPhone. All Verizon iPhones can not do data and voice at the same time.

You're comparing apples to oranges when you're talking about the whole Android vs iOS argument, imo, especially when it comes to the s5 vs the 5s. One example would be screen size; if someone were to ask you for a big screen device I don't know anyone who would suggest an iPhone. Sure they offer the same apps, but the experience of these apps change with the device, again my opinion.

Your s3 is 2 generations old, which is extremely old in the mobile world nowadays. Either phone would provide a significant upgrade in terms of speed and stability. That being said, would you like to stick to the Android ecosystem or would you like to migrate over to Apple's? It's not a real pain to switch, but it is a major switch nonetheless.

All that being said I've heard good and bad of switching OS; Android-to-iOS, iOS-to-Android. It all depends on what apps you use, how you use your phone, and what you're looking for in a phone. Head to the store and demo the units, see which one you like in store, but of course the real test comes when the device is at home. You have 14 days to test the device, on Verizon at least, so maybe you can find your answer within that time window.

Hi guys,

The only "issue" with it is that it has a VERY SLOW response!!! ( I know it is quite common in Samsung galaxy, especially if you have lots of memory taken & many apps downloaded). From one app to another, it takes a delay of 3-6 seconds to swap.

If this is your bottleneck i would go for the phone with the biggest processor? :D Iphone 5s 2 cores 1.3 Ghz and the Galaxy S5 contains a hexacore processor 1.3 Ghz? Correct me if i'm wrong... then i would say... go for the S5? :p

If this is your bottleneck i would go for the phone with the biggest processor? :D Iphone 5s 2 cores 1.3 Ghz and the Galaxy S5 contains a hexacore processor 1.3 Ghz? Correct me if i'm wrong... then i would say... go for the S5? :p

S5

System chip:
Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 MSM8974-AC
Processor:
Quad core, 2500 MHz, Krait 400
Graphics processor:
Adreno 330
System memory:
2048 MB RAM
Built-in storage:
16 GB
Maximum User Storage:
10.7 GB
Storage expansion:
microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC up to 128 GB

Yes, I have downloaded an app to kill the background apps. I don't know whether it has the same effects.. but still the mobile performs slowly.

Back