Samsung radio quality?

2ns

Reaction score
I keep reading complaints about about the radio quality of samsung phones. I'm considering ordering the S3, are the samsung radios really any worse or are complaints about the same on all brands? I'm still on original droid, is it not bound to be better?

In general Samsung radios are weaker than Motorola.

I've owned both a Droid Charge and Currently a Galaxy Nexus and I have had no signal problems with either device.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Motorola in general has better and more consistent radios. Samsung is not bad but sometimes there are issues that take a while to fix as with almost anything. (Recent Galaxy Nexus fix)

I've had a Samsung Fascinate for the past 18mos and have had no problems at all with call quality.
I know the Nexus has had its problems, but both the original GalaxyS & the Galaxy S2 have had great radios/call quality.

**tap'n**

Thanks, that makes me feel better. So any issues would be software as opposed to hardware problems? I don't really like this pre-order stuff.

How are the speakers generally? I occasionally play music without headphones and love trapster which, along with gps, needs to be louder to be heard over the radio

I had 2 different Fascinates for almost 2 years (upgraded today to the RAZR Maxx) and Motorola absolutely has better radios and call quality.

I guess I'll find out soon enough.

I've had 2 Moto's and one Samsung where I live now and they have all been the same.. they've all worked great!

The reception Quality is so bad on my nexus indoors that I am seriously considering bringing my og droid from out of semi retirement ( The wife currently uses it like a wifi ipod touch), reactivating it and killing the nexus.

It's a great ipod touch for her and I can get my reliable connection back that I had with my OG.

My new motto as said in other threads - Never Samsung Never again.

I'm the opposite after my original Droid. Never Moto again.

I guess Moto has made drastic improvements over the last few years cause this right here is flawless.

Put the Galaxy Nexus and Razr Maxx side by side and the Maxx will win everytime call quality wise. I know too many people that have both and they all say the Maxx is better in the radio department. With that said, that certainly does not apply to ALL Samsung phones. Both Galaxy S 1 & 2 series phones had excellent radios (much better than the newer GN), it's just the luck of the draw.
:beer2:Here's hoping the GS3 continues that trend! :biggrin:

Yeah, in San Diego my Galaxy S always had 4 or 5 bars of 3G, hopefully for these early adopters of the third one it's strong as well

Back