Sapphire 1.0 Quadrant scores

velocity92c

Reaction score
Edit : this is from the Sapphire website. Always make sure to read before asking a silly question :). Link to download the files mentioned is in the 2nd post of this thread.

Stagefright vs Opencore In Sapphire 1.0.0, I have disabled the stagefright media player and defaulted back to opencore. This was done because there were reports that opencore produced better quality audio on several applications that stream mediaover the internet. Sadly, opencore also takes more time to decode H.264 video, an item that Quadrant uses to determine its score. Thus, the score suffers dramatically due to the use of opencore over stagefright.

IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT THIS LOW QUADRANT SCORE DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE PHONE RUNS POORLY. OPENCORE vs STAGEFRIGHT WILL ONLY AFFECT MULTIMEDIA PLAYBACK, NOT OVERALL PHONE PERFORMANCE. IT IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF WHY A BENCHMARK SCORE SHOULD NOT BE THE END ALL AND BE ALL OF HOW FAST YOUR DEVICE IS.

Regardless, for those who would rather run with stagefright, I have developed an update.zip t

Original post :

I don't know why but my QS score absolutely plummeted upon upgrading. I can't get over 700 now clocked at 1.2ghz. My phone hangs during the h.264 encoding test whereas it never has before, but my fps is also significantly lower on each gfx test as well. Anyway, I thought I would see what scores others are getting. Post your QS scores here.

Last edited:
Wow, I feel silly. I actually already read that but somehow I either missed the bolded, capitalized part or it didn't sink in. LMAO. Thanks for the link. Mods, feel free to delete thread.

Wow, I feel silly. I actually already read that but somehow I either missed the bolded, capitalized part or it didn't sink in. LMAO. Thanks for the link. Mods, feel free to delete thread.

On the contrary, I hope people read your thread so this question doesn't get asked a lot of times. ;)

for the time being i have stickied this thread, as i think it's important for people to notice and understand what is going on here

I'm just wondering would this also affect the performance of rock player when playing .avi files?

I ran the update to switch back to stagefright.

I then ran Quadrant twice, after a fresh install, with no widgets, cpu speed at 1100/1100, performance governor.

I scored just about 1400, which is certainly very good, but about 100 points shy of the 1533 I got after a fresh install of Lithium mod at the same settings. I have yet to find a ROM that scores higher than JRums.

I'd like to try and understand better from the developer, if you could, as to why the scores can vary like this between roms using the same codecs.

Also, I was using a ChevyNo1 1100MHz LV kernel with Lith Mod.

How has your experience with Sapphire been, slightly lower quadrant scores notwithstanding?

How has your experience with Sapphire been, slightly lower quadrant scores notwithstanding?

So far, great. I enjoy the fact that I don't have to use SetCPU anymore which frees up a little extra RAM.

However, the P3 based roms do run a bit hotter than Chevy's. Also, the ADW Launcher just feels noticeably slower than LauncherPro in terms of menu responsiveness.

Other than that, AdFree gives me Force closes, but it did in LithMod as well. Other apps have worked fine and the rom seems quick and stable.

I may try launcher pro on it and see how that goes.

Edit: Also, I really miss the "allinone" script that Lithium Mod has. With it I can do all sort of commands that normally I wouldn't be able to run with my limited terminal/linux knowledge.

Last edited:

So far, great. I enjoy the fact that I don't have to use SetCPU anymore which frees up a little extra RAM.

However, the P3 based roms do run a bit hotter than Chevy's. Also, the ADW Launcher just feels noticeably slower than LauncherPro in terms of menu responsiveness.

Other than that, AdFree gives me Force closes, but it did in LithMod as well. Other apps have worked fine and the rom seems quick and stable.

Edit: Also, I really miss the "allinone" script that Lithium Mod has. With it I can do all sort of commands that normally I wouldn't be able to run with my limited terminal/linux knowledge.

You mean cvpcs based rom....made from source right.

I think you meant P3 based KERNELS there and not ROMs. ;) (and only portions are based on P3, I have no heat / speed issues)

In ADW settings make the following changes:
Screen Preferences:
Auto Stretch = unchecked
Desktop Scrolling Speed = 170
Desktop Overshoot = 0

System Preferences:
Read "wallpaper Hack and Use Screen Cache's description and check / uncheck based upon your setup
Disable Scrollable Widget Support unless you *need* it

That should solve any ADW issues you think you have

Back