Sapphire is da bomb!

phispher

Reaction score
Been a long time BB user, changed to CM6 rc2 for a bit and hated it, went back to BB and thought I would never try anything else. Saw some discussions on the BB forums about Sapphire being built from source and it got me thinking. Planted a seed I should say. Finally yesterday I made the plunge and installed Sapphire 1.0 with the 928 theme on top and I have to say, I'm a changed man! My phone has never been so fun to use or so stable or smooth as I've seen it now. I'm VERY impressed. Battery life is good, phone is cool (using ULV 1.0 kernal), responsive, memory management is very good. I'm just content, I have NO complaints at all.

Before I was looking forward to my next droid phone, was considering paying full price for one actually without upgrade pricing. My Droid 1 was ok, it did the job, but didn't generate much excitement for me anymore. Until Sapphire. It's been reborn in my mind and I'm perfectly ok with waiting into next year until my upgrade is up. Keep up the good work!

Could not agree more!! Made the switch a few weeks ago and have found my ROM of choice for sure!! The only thing I may change is the theme every now and then, but I am even extremely happy with that too! So, my wife may get her wish after all - I may actually STOP messing around with my phone ... for a while anyway :biggrin:

I just also came from BB 0.4 and am very very happy, which is surprising cause I had no complaints about BB 0.4

the only issue I have with Sapphire 1.0.0 is when is when I touch the screen to scroll (emails for example) or to resize pictures (for wallpaper for example), the screen is jumpy, more like flutters up and down.

anyone else having this issue?

other than that, running sapphire with the nextheme and its pretty bad assdancedroiddancedroid

the only issue I have with Sapphire 1.0.0 is when is when I touch the screen to scroll (emails for example) or to resize pictures (for wallpaper for example), the screen is jumpy, more like flutters up and down.

other than that, running sapphire with the nextheme and its pretty bad assdancedroiddancedroid

haven't noticed that ... just tried it too and everything is very responsive on my end.

other than that, running sapphire with the nextheme and its pretty bad ass

Make sure you are using hte ondemand govenor in the performance settings (or setcpu) and not conservative.

other than that, running sapphire with the nextheme and its pretty bad ass

Make sure you are using hte ondemand govenor in the performance settings (or setcpu) and not conservative.

yes its set by default...

regarding the sapphire praise .. yupt, i agree. it is fast and SOLID.
gives new life to my droid!

i'm new to rooting. this latest sapphire build is only the 2nd time i've loaded a rom.. but it has gone perfect both times. i don't have time to deal with a wonky phone, so i was sorta hesitant about roms. but sapphire is absolutely solid for me. not one single issue. happy ... and content. dancedroid

Did cvcps make an ulv kernel? Or are you using someone elses?

Must be someone else's - cvpcs doesn't have "ULV" kernels.

No, that was a typo, meant LV as I was used to using chevy's ULV kernals on BB. Sorry for the confusion. :)

I mean, who really knows what ULV is anyway? Cvpcs could think what he has for LV is fine, but it could have the same voltage as Chevy's ULV. We really don't know on the users end.

This ROM is the best of all I have tried which is why I made it my daily driver. Have never had any issue with it. Makes me wonder how some people do have issues with it... Hmm

I mean, who really knows what ULV is anyway? Cvpcs could think what he has for LV is fine, but it could have the same voltage as Chevy's ULV. We really don't know on the users end.

True! I was just making sure cvcps himself didn't have an ulv kernel, I'd have to try it! chevy's 800mhz ulv doesn't quite work for me

True! I was just making sure cvcps himself didn't have an ulv kernel, I'd have to try it! chevy's 800mhz ulv doesn't quite work for me

If you are trying that kernel with Sapphire, then it didn't work because Chevy's kernel and Sapphire aren't 100% compatible. I couldn't boot any of Chevy's kernels..

Back