sbf rsd lite issue

Thank you for the reply. Im wondering what driver should be installed. That executable file from the Motorola website has alot of drivers installed. What driver do I manually install for red to recognize my phone. What should it say in device manager.

Ill try the linux thing when I get home but I've never done anything with linux and am afraid that will open up issues that I have to find answers for and frankly im tired of reading writeups

I got it set up, but RSD Lite is super annoying to get running. The boot disc is so easy. You just burn the CD, boot from it, hook up your phone, and follow the on-screen instructions. There's no Linux hackery or keystrokes involved. It's like sbf-ing for dummies.

Last edited:
It's like sbf-ing for dummies.

Ill put that to the test

If it boot loops after SBFing, do this (ignore the stuff about RSD).

"After RSD says manually power up the phone, disconnect it and try to power it up. if it DOES bootloop (M screen to the droid eye to the M screen to the droid eye over and over again) you must do the following:

take out battery and reinsert
hold the home key and the power button when turning on
press search to get into recovery
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache
reboot
NOTE: the volume up/down are move up down; camera is select; and power is go back.

power back up and it should be fine. might have to reactivate too (*228)."

The script now tells you how and when to wipe data ;)

yes. i would like to try to do the linux way still. any ideas why the keyboard would stop working? it obviously works when i hit enter to boot it but when the boot baby boot screen goes away so does the power for my keyboard

Back