Screen Protectors

bigmac007

Reaction score
This screen protector thing is driving me nuts! At first I tried Invisishield which seems to intsall nicely, but you have to get it just perfect on the first try. So then I tried the ones they sell at the Verizon store but I just can't seem to get it perfect (i.e. no bubbles). I don't think it's possible to go through the installation process with getting bubble causing dust particles under the screen. So, three questions:

1) Is there a product or way to do this perfectly?
2) Am I being to much of a perfectionist?
2) Do these screens really need a screen protector?

Chris

IMHO, no screen protector needed. The "gorilla" glass is tough, in 3 years, never scratched my Q, same with my X so far

This screen protector thing is driving me nuts! At first I tried Invisishield which seems to intsall nicely, but you have to get it just perfect on the first try. So then I tried the ones they sell at the Verizon store but I just can't seem to get it perfect (i.e. no bubbles). I don't think it's possible to go through the installation process with getting bubble causing dust particles under the screen. So, three questions:

1) Is there a product or way to do this perfectly?
2) Am I being to much of a perfectionist?
2) Do these screens really need a screen protector?

Chris

1. Get Ghost Armor installed for you at your local mall.
2. Not at all.
3. (though you numbered it 2 as well) NEED? Maybe not. I have tried glare resistant protectors which annoyed me because they dulled the screen, fully transparent ones which annoyed me because they were difficult not to get bubbles on, and now Ghost Armor which is awesome and I can't even tell there's a protector on. I paid $18 for someone to install it for me at the Arizona State Fair and it looks and feels great. It's got a slightly rubbery feel if you put your nail to it, but my fingers slide along it perfectly. Paying $18 for a lifetime warranty is great. They put my name in the computer and if there's ever a problem it's taken care of. If I get a new phone all I have to do is bring them the armor back and they will put one on the new phone. Considering packs of protectors cost $5-10 and you go through multiple trying to get it just right... seems worth it to me.

IMHO, no screen protector needed. The "gorilla" glass is tough, in 3 years, never scratched my Q, same with my X so far

I went naked for a while. I stopped the naked look when I noticed difficulty using the screen with any moisture on my hands at all. I agree though, the screens are pretty damn tough, but I'd hate to be the one to get a scratch or shatter it, because it DOES happen on occasion.

Many go in the bathroom and turn on a steaming hot shower. Let it run for a few minutes to let the steam clear the air of dust particles before applying the SP.

IMO, screen protectors aren't necessary as long as you don't beat on your device. I treat my devices with kid gloves, and have never had a problem.

Back