Screen sideways

leewhite336

Reaction score
Yesterday i was going though may apps in landscape view just going side to side when i accidentally pressed the power button putting it to sleep. While still in landscape view i awakened it and unlocked the screen and when i did all my home screens were than in landscape view it was so cool to me i could go though each page in landscape. Whenever i touched the notification bar it jump back to portrait view. I've try this a few times and it doesn't always work but i wish we could do landscape on the main screens. I hope that this will be something it will be able to do with the new update. So has anybody noticed this yet or is it just mine and if so do y'all think i should be worried about it and get it replaced. This is my second bionic the 1st would keep force closing any app that i opened and freeze a few times. i think it's more cool than bad but what do y'all think.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

What is this not cool or interesting to anybody else

Maybe I don't understand, but can't you just go to Menu/Settings/Display and select Auto-Rotate Screen? (I'm still sleepy and am still caffeine deficient) :biggrin:

Im talking about the main screen go's into landscape not the screen with all my apps. Im sorry i probably didn't make my self clear
The home screen. Lol

Well, I don't use the Native Home Screen app (I use Zeam Launcher), but the Home Screens are supposed to go into Landscape mode when you have that setting checked.

No it doesn't not for the home screens i know people with the X? and X2 and there's don't. I have auto rotate on and it does rotate when viewing all my apps but not on the home screens the one that has the 5 different screens to customize.
If i could post a pic i would. Like on the droid 1,2and 3 whenever u slide open the keyboard on the home screen it go's to landscape on the home screen and the X,X2 and bionic don't because there is no slide out keyboard.

No it doesn't not for the home screens i know people with the X? and X2 and there's don't. I have auto rotate on and it does rotate when viewing all my apps but not on the home screens the one that has the 5 different screens to customize.
If i could post a pic i would. Like on the droid 1,2and 3 whenever u slide open the keyboard on the home screen it go's to landscape on the home screen and the X,X2 and bionic don't because there is no slide out keyboard.

Did not know that. You may want to try one of the alternate home screen apps (Launcher Pro, ADW, Go Launcher and Zeam are some of the most popular ones right now. They all work well and I'm sure they all have that feature.

Ok cool i may check one of those out. I just thought more people would probably be interested in this lol. Maybe it's not that big of a issue idk but will check those apps.
:s :$

Back