Separate gmail accounts

luvs2kidos

Reaction score
I have 2 different email accounts. Personal and school. I have tried many different ways to keep these separate but have not been successful in doing so. I would like to have 2 different icons 1 for each account on my home screen is this possible? Right now I open one to read email and close then both icons have same email account.....

Sent from my DROID3

If both of these accounts are gmail accounts, you can easily switch between the two by selecting the account in the top right corner of the inbox. When you are in either account it will automatically reply or compose from the last inbox selected. I am doing this for my school email and my personal email(s).

If they are not both g-mail accounts just make two messaging widgets on a home screen and select a different account for each of the widgets.

I'm having a similar problem. I have two gmail accounts, one for school and one personal. I have two separate widgets on my phone. The problem is... My school emails are syncing with my personal emails and vice versa... i want to keep them separate. If i login on my computer they are not synced.. they are only synced on my phone..

I'm having a similar problem. I have two gmail accounts, one for school and one personal. I have two separate widgets on my phone. The problem is... My school emails are syncing with my personal emails and vice versa... i want to keep them separate. If i login on my computer they are not synced.. they are only synced on my phone..

What is the name of the widget you are using for the gmail accounts? And do the messages show up synced together inside of the gmail application?

What is the name of the widget you are using for the gmail accounts? And do the messages show up synced together inside of the gmail application?

Sorry I was wrong. I'm not using a widget. I have a shortcut cut icon(s) on the main screen to access my different gmail accounts quicker. I'm using the HTC Mail app that came on the phone to access my student gmail account and my personal gmail account. I also have the Gmail app activated (not sure why I'm using two, i guess i could delete one) When i open the GMail app only emails from my personal email account show up. I did not set up my school gmail account with the GMail app. My school gmail account is only set up with the HTC Mail app. WOW, hope this makes sense...

I deleted my personal gmail account from the HTC Mail app. I now access my personal emails from the GMail App and I access my schools gmail account via the HTC Mail app. My accounts are not syncing this way

Back