setting frequency of email sync

wizim

Reaction score
i cant seem to find the setting for how often the email accounts sync. i have forwarded all of my emails to my gmail account. i only recieve gmail on my phone but it seems to take a long time for them to show up on my phone.

settings --> data manager --> data delivery --> email and corporate sync --> email delivery --> fetch schedule.

I thought that gmail was push, so that it should come through to your phone as soon as it is received. Have you tried to send an email directly to your gmail account, is that delayed as well or is it just the emails that are being forwarded from other accounts that are taking longer. If this is the case, than I think it has something to do with the forwarding of emails from the other accounts. You may want to set up your gmail account to retrieve the mail from the other accounts instead of having the mail forwarded (unless you are already doing that), I am also not sure of the frequency but it may be worth a try. Below is a link to the instructions for setting this up, appears that it must be an account that supports POP.

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&ctx=mail&answer=21288

settings --> data manager --> data delivery --> email and corporate sync --> email delivery --> fetch schedule.
tried this. when i go here the "email and corporate sync" is highlighted so i cant click on it.

actually my phone has not recieved an email all day. i just sent an email from my comcast account to gmail and it didnt come through.

If you go into your gmail folder and manually refresh it, does it retrieve the messages?

Another question, if you go to My Accounts and select your gmail account to see the data and synchronization options, do you have a check mark for Sync Gmail.

sounds like you need to enable background data. If you dont have that turned on, your phone will not sync.

Another question, if you go to My Accounts and select your gmail account to see the data and synchronization options, do you have a check mark for Sync Gmail.
none of the three options sync calender ,sync contacts or sync gmail are checked

think i found it! there is a setting in "general sync setting" for auto sync. it was not checked

ok back in business. heres what i did...from the inbox click hard button/accounts/hard button/account settings/auto sync

Strange, I don't have that as an option, but I am glad to hear that you were able to resolve your issue.

well that didnt do it either. it will allow me to turn on auto sync the way i explained but it also automatically shuts back off.

the other way explained above doesnt allow me to get into the "email and corporate sync" settings. again i havnt recieved email all day.

Back